PDA

View Full Version : questions

amychen
04-13-2006, 11:11 AM
hi everyone,
i have a couple questions that i hope you all can help me with!!
first of all, is there anyone who lives in a cold climate (winter lasting almost 6 months) and when the weather warms up a bit, your lupus seems to flare up?
i live in north dakota and for the last week or so, the weather started going up from the 30s and 40s to the 70s...i enjoy the beautiful weather but my body seems to be more achy and tired!!
my next question is, does anyone know of a good lotion with SPF that will be good for lupies?? i don't like using sunblocks 'cuz of how thick and messy it is but i don't mind putting lotions on if it has SPF stuff in it...i am not good at taking care of myself so anything easy will be great...one of those all in one lotion for your face and entire body would be great but i'm not sure if they exist...if anyone have any ideas, please let me know!!
i will really appreciate it!!
hope all of you are doing well and have a great Easter...God bless!

SoleSinger
04-13-2006, 05:14 PM
Oil of Olay has a good facial moisturizer with a high SPF... OR if you have skin that breaks out (like mine) Clean and Clear has one that not only has SPF, but medication that fights acne... It helps!

As for the rest of me I just use Water Babies SPF 50...

hatlady
04-14-2006, 12:46 AM
Eucerin also has a good high spf moisturizer. I've used this and Olay, whichever is cheaper that week...

Want REAL easy? Wear a hat. Year round, 4" or wider brim. Long sleeves too. Staying out of the sun has made a HUGE difference for both my lupus and rosacea.

There's a couple of sunblocks that spray on, I've used them as well. Easy, non-greasy, and good for those repeat applications that you really should do mid-day if you're going to be outside.