PDA

View Full Version : Swollen Lymph Nodes

ritzbit
10-23-2011, 11:10 AM
How could you tell if you were having swelling in your lymph nodes?

magistramarla
10-23-2011, 08:08 PM
Hey Ritz,
I always checked my kids neck, from behind the ears down, for swelling. There are also glands under the armpits that tend to swell. There are usually other signs of infection, too - like fever and flu-like symptoms.
Here's a good site for info - http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/swollen-lymph-nodes/DS00880/DSECTION=symptoms

If you don't feel better soon, see your doc!
Hugs,
Marla

GloryB
10-24-2011, 12:45 AM
Every time I get mouth ulcers or even just bite my lip, my glands in my neck swell up, either side of the throat under the chin, they can get a bit sore too, like Maria said there are lymph nodes in the armpit and also the groin.

ritzbit
10-24-2011, 10:20 AM
I feel like I can visibly see the swelling in all of those places besides my armpits but they hurt and feel tender.

Hunniebun
10-24-2011, 05:57 PM
You probably can feel it and see it. I get a swollen neck all the time and from time to time my armpits swell and hurt too.

ritzbit
10-24-2011, 06:42 PM
I'm more worried about another area at the moment... I don't know whats all going on with my body right now. I feel like I jinxed it by saying it was planning a stealth attack, because in 2 days I've become very sick.

ritzbit
10-27-2011, 03:46 PM
Well according to the on call doctor, who I didn't even get to see because no one will make me an appointment just keep playing phone tag, I just have a UTI. That is such bull. How many UTIs have you have that caused pain and swelling of joints all over your body??? I get them all the time and that is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. I may have issues with my regular rheum but at least she doesnt try to feed me that bull, especially just over the phone and won't even take me in for an appointment. I wish she was back =( I've missed classes all week.

Mommyof1
10-27-2011, 07:03 PM
So do mine and it's like that right now from the mouth ulcers! UGH. I always wondered if that was swollen glands or not. Guess now I know...