PDA

View Full Version : October 23 - Our Special Day

magistramarla
10-22-2011, 09:20 PM
In a few hours here on the west coast, it will be our 35th wedding anniversary.
35 years ago, on a rainy Saturday in St. Louis, I married the love of my life.
It's been quite a ride - he's had a military career, we've lived in six states, raised five kids,
I've had a teaching career, and we've survived all of the ups and downs of a long marriage
and a large family.
We're on the rewards part of it all now - we're enjoying grandkids and having more time for
each other now. We're still a crazy pair of love-struck kids, after all these years.

Tomorrow, Jeff, Conner and I are going to explore the harbor at Santa Cruz and try a
dog-friendly restaurant called Aldo's. The owner used to have a German Shepherd named
Buffalo, who was the canine greeter until he died. We're going to take my shepherd there.

I wish you all the kind of love that we have, and a great day tomorrow.
Hugs,
Marla

BonusMom
10-22-2011, 09:26 PM
Happy Anniversary, Marla!

Superman remembers eating at Aldo's and the dog.....small world!

Enjoy your special day and celebrating like the love-struck kids that you are.

XOXO

magistramarla
10-22-2011, 09:28 PM
BonusMom,
Thanks - I'll let you know what we think of it.
Love and Hugs,
Marla

kim,l
10-22-2011, 10:18 PM
happy anniversary marla and may it be a most wonderful day luv and hugs

steve.b
10-23-2011, 12:30 AM
congratulations on all the ups and downs.
now enjoy the smooth sailing.

i only have 1/3 the distance.
i hope to get there eventually.

enjoy your day !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

running girl
10-23-2011, 04:54 AM
Congratulations! Have a great day.

Nonna
10-23-2011, 04:54 AM
Happy Anniversary. I'm so glad you and Jeff survived the ups and downs and crossed the pitfalls safely

Hugs and fond wishes

sharpiessave
10-23-2011, 07:26 AM
Big CONGRATS Marla!! I hope your day is among the last 35 years' awesomest!

magistramarla
10-23-2011, 07:50 PM
Awww - thanks, guys!
We've just gotten home from our trip to Santa Cruz. Aldo's was a nice little restaurant with an incredible view of the harbor. We sat down just in time - we didn't realize that they are open for breakfast and lunch only. They were just closing at 4:30, but we managed to get our wonderful seafood dinner.
Then we wandered to the boardwalk and out onto the pier to watch the sunset, with me in my wheelchair and Conner trotting beside me. The sunsets over the Monterey Bay remind me a lot of the beautiful sunsets over the caldera of Santorini - such a beautiful thing to see.
We're home now, and both Jeff and Conner are exhausted. Jeff is snoring in his recliner and Conner is snoozing at his feet.
We're just boring old married people, right?
Hugs,
Marla

Gizmo
10-23-2011, 08:55 PM
You life sounds way more exciting than mine, and sometimes being boring and comfortable is what keeps a marriage going. Congratulations!

mdawncooper
10-24-2011, 06:56 AM
Happy Anniversary Marla. It is so awesome to see couples make it as long as you have.

tgal
10-24-2011, 12:57 PM
Happy Anniversary! Sorry I missed it!

Bonita
10-24-2011, 03:26 PM
Happy Anniversary to you both it seems you have had a strong close marriage enjoy your day and God Bless Bonita

debbie-b
10-25-2011, 04:45 AM
Happy belated Anniversary.
I am glad, that you had such a nice day.
Many more Anniversaries for you and your hubby.

Debbie

ruziska
10-25-2011, 07:22 AM
Congrats and Happy Anniversary! I hope you had a wonderful day!

Saysusie
11-08-2011, 11:19 PM
Sorry I missed your anniversary. I have truly admired your marriage as you've told us about your trips, events, adventures, and moments with your husband. Happy Anniversary!

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie