PDA

View Full Version : Almost passed out due to bumping my knee?!

Mommyof1
10-21-2011, 05:57 PM
So last night I was getting ready to make dinner and I hit the top of my knee underneath the counter. I guess I hit it right because it sent a wave of pain through my whole leg. It reminded me of when you hit your "funny bone" in your elbow. It was one of those pains where you couldn't do anything for a minute, not even talk. Then a minute later I found myself wanting to heave my guts up in the kitchen sink followed by dizziness that planted me in my kitchen chair with my head in my arms at the table. I was weak, could barely move, broke out in a sweat, wanting to gag, out of it, wanting to sleep all at the same time. My boyfriend said I also turned very pale. This happened to me once before(all these symptoms except I DID pass out that time and was standing when it happened)however the ER nor my primary dr or a cardiologist could find any reason as to why after doing blood work, an EKG and a Tilt Table Test to rule out any vagus nerve abnormality. Does anyone know what this is and what to do about it?? Has anyone ever experienced this before?? It's so baffling. I have no idea what to think of it or where to turn when trying to research what it could possibly be and how/if it could be linked to Lupus. Could it do with adrenaline and the adrenal glands? If so, how? etc etc. If anyone has any ideas/input/experiences please let me know!! Thanks and hope you all are well. -Brittanee

magistramarla
10-21-2011, 10:30 PM
Brittanee,
I can't help you much, but oh, that sounds painful!
I think that I've become much more sensitive about falling or hurting myself since I've been sick with this AI stuff.
I get my breath knocked out of me and get shaky much easier than I used to.
Hugs,
Marla

papillon
10-26-2011, 06:45 AM
Hi Brittanee,

When I first got diagnosed I got out of bed once, rolled my ankle and almost passed out from the pain. I found an article on line where a nurse fainted when she bumped her funny bone. She says it's just part of the weirdness of fainting and the fact that doctors don't truly understand why we faint but it's just the body over reacting.
http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/389425/why_do_normal_bodily_functions_cause.html?cat=5
I hope that helps even though I know it doesn't answer the question.