PDA

View Full Version : Cutaneous Vasculitis??

mdawncooper
10-17-2011, 04:27 PM
Does anyone here have any experience with Cutaneous Vasculitis? I was looking at some photos and realized that the pictures were identical to what I am experiencing around my ankles. I realize pictures don't tell all but when I went to my rheumy she told me it was nothing. I am so determined to get to the bottom of all of this.

Melanie

tgal
10-17-2011, 05:45 PM
Hi Melanie,

Forms of vasculitis are somewhat common in people with AI diseases. I have lividedo vasculitis in my legs. Mine look like this:

4375 (pretty isn't it?)

There are many types of vasculitis and I am including a link about several types of Cutaneous versions.

Cutaneous types of vasculitis (http://dermnetnz.org/doctors/systemic/vasculitis.html)

mdawncooper
10-18-2011, 10:15 AM
4377 4376

Mine is a little different. This time it wasn't so bad but the previous time it wrapped all the way around my ankles. Everybody acted like I had leprosy or something.

mdawncooper
10-18-2011, 10:16 AM
I maybe losing my mind since I am now taking pictures of rashes. LOL

ritzbit
10-18-2011, 11:45 AM
I had it at the beginning of this year and mine was really bad and caused so much swelling and pain in the feet and legs that I couldnt walk. 437843794380 I didn't get so much of a noticable rash but I did have little red dots everywhere that 2 different rheums could see

red246
10-18-2011, 12:49 PM
Mine looks similar to Tgal's, but is more purple rather than reddish. I get it all over, but usually notice in on my arms first.

tgal
10-18-2011, 01:54 PM
Mine looks similar to Tgal's, but is more purple rather than reddish. I get it all over, but usually notice in on my arms first.

Lol that is a pic from the net. Mine is purple too

mdawncooper
10-18-2011, 07:53 PM
I am glad to know that others take pictures of their rashes. LOL I cannot figure out why on earth my rheumatologist looks at that and says it is nothing. Seriously????

BonusMom
10-18-2011, 08:12 PM
Absolutely take pix of your rashes because by the time your doc can fit you, the rash may change in appearance.

My doc LOVES it when I take in pics of my rashes. I get them bilaterally on my arms and legs and they are evenly distributed.

Mommyof1
10-19-2011, 07:19 AM
Tgal is the livideo constant for you? I have seen this on my legs before and also in my documentation with my rheumy. I have also seen vitiligo marked down as well. I have the malar/butterfly rash too and have pics of that posted on my profile along with other visible symptoms that I have showed my rheumy. Feel free to look mdawncooper and know you are def not alone! :)