PDA

View Full Version : Blogs

sprant
10-13-2011, 04:12 PM
Hi all,

Sorry to have disappeared over the last few months, I have once again been fighting with my body and also fighting to get the medication I need. Finally I have had some success with getting off beta blockers and being put on Ivabradine, which is controlling my heart rate so much better. Some moments of normality are coming back to me again.

I just wanted to know if anyone else has a blog? I have just started writing a blog as a way to get out any thoughts, but also as a way to keep in contact and in touch with how other people are going. I would love to know if any of you have a blog that I could follow. There is quite a bit writing about how writing about our experiences can help. See the articles below if you are interested - obviously you don't have to share it publicly in a blog, it's the writing about things that seems important.

http://www.womenfolk.com/transcend/writing.
htmhttp://homepage.psy.utexas.edu/homepage/Class/Psy394V/Pennebaker/Reprints/Support/Pennebaker%201997.pdf

For anyone who is interest the blog I have just started, which is very much in it's early stages, the link is below:

http://illsymphonies.blogspot.com/

As a blogger novice I would love to hear about others experiences

Saysusie
10-14-2011, 08:28 AM
I am so sorry to hear that you've been dealing with so much. I am glad that you are having some days that are nearing normalcy. I hope the new meds continue to work for you.
I do not blog regularly. There is a section here for members who want to blog and it is quite active.
I will check out your blogs :-) Sending you hugs

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

tgal
10-14-2011, 09:27 AM
I too am sorry things have been going badly for you. I don't blog. My brain doesn't work well enough to answer posts some days so I sure don't formulate thoughts well enough to do a blog anymore.

As for the blog side here.. LOL I always forget it is there and never see the posts! I then feel so bad!

Hunniebun
10-14-2011, 03:09 PM
I have a blog too on here but haven't written on it in many months because I forgot. I have so much to write that it makes it really hard to even pull it out of my head. I might start it up again sometime, I don't know yet.

sprant
10-15-2011, 03:21 PM
Goodness I didn't even realize this site had a blog section, I must not be in the best frame of mind when I am on here LOL. Great I will check it out. Blogs are new territory to me. I really enjoy reading others blogs, as I often feel like I a reading my own thoughts a lot of the time.

I am pleased I am doing much better as well. It is funny how your idea of "better" changes. 4 years ago I would have had a different perspective and considered myself to be rather ill right now, but when you have been completely incapacitated by illness not even able to take a shower by yourself you soon shift your bar of what is really sick.

giggle
10-15-2011, 11:09 PM
I just became a follower of your blog, it is very well written. I have a blog as well but I am not much of a writer : )

sprant
10-16-2011, 09:24 PM
Thanks Giggle, what's the name of your blog? So I can find it. Blogging is all very new to me, so just trying to find my feet with it at the moment. I don't think you have to be a good writer, I think you just have to write what you think. Thanks for your support.