PDA

View Full Version : I have lupus

KellysDanny
10-07-2011, 11:27 PM
OK, not really. Not the way most of you all do. I have lupus because my wife does. It sucks! I've been lurking here for a while. I read posts and try to learn more about this disease that is destroying my World (She is my 'World'). My wife likes it here, so I thought I would join and see what happens. I've read some of the caregivers posts here and they seem like the other sites. Not much going on there. I'll try to contribute.

Y'all behave,
Danny

steve.b
10-08-2011, 03:45 AM
hi danny,
and welcome.

i am always happy to see someone who is a caring carer.
all to often, it is the ones closest to us that find it the hardest to really care.

please read a few of the posts, and feel free to join in where you feel appropriate.

also many of us have added information in our profile.
it is an easy way for people to get to know you.

tgal
10-08-2011, 09:36 AM
First thing I want to do is welcome you to the WHL family. Your first time made me smile. "I have lupus because my wife does". If only everyone with this disease had a partner like you! The truth is that Lupus does affect us and everyone around us. Few of those around us actually "get" how sick we are. It says so much about you and your relationship that you are here.

Please make yourself at home, look around, read, post. You are family here too. The weekends are rather quiet so don't think you are being ignored. We really are glad to have you!

debbie-b
10-08-2011, 01:22 PM
Hi Danny,

The words " this disease is destroying my world, because SHE is my world" really got under my skin. You are an awesome husband.
I know how hard it is for our husbands or partners, to deal with our disease day, after day. My husband is my biggest supporter, but has nobody to support him. He is not at all into the whole computer thing. I wish he was.
We are here for you and your wife, whenever you need us.

Debbie