PDA

View Full Version : Hello...<3

Amanda's Entourage
10-07-2011, 11:21 AM
My name is Amanda and i have Lupus SLE.

I am a married 29 year old with no children and a husband that is home roughly 4 days a month, due to his job. Lately everyday living has been a bit of a chore due to my Lupus. I stumbled upon this site and am very thankful because i am hoping i will no longer feel like i am alone with this horrible disease. i am generally not one to be all poor me, but i seem to be stuck in a self destructive state of mind.

Elo
10-07-2011, 05:25 PM
Hey Amanda!
It doesn't matter how positive a person you are, we all have problems dealing with an illness and feeling at times like we're alone, or our family and loved ones don't understand us. Which is true, many times they do not, simply because they can't.
That's why so many of us find our way here. And I'm glad you have as well, because everyone here is very supportive and caring. They're great for talking to when you're feeling down or need to rant, and have a lot of experience and advice to give.

I just wanted to give a quick hello and welcome to you :) Just to let you know, because it's the weekend you might not see as much action as usual- the forum is definitely more active on the weekdays.

But I'm glad you've found us - and we're all here if you ever have any questions or just want to talk.
Best!
Elo

mdawncooper
10-07-2011, 05:26 PM
Welcome to this site. I am new to Lupus but I know exactly what you mean about the self destructive state of mind. I am so tired and so tired of feeling bad. However this site helps me with questions and encourages me every step of the way. I look forward to getting to know you better.

Melanie

steve.b
10-07-2011, 06:27 PM
hi amanda,
welcome to our cyber family.

please take the time to read a few posts.
ask questions when you feel you are ready.
we are all here to help each other and ourselves.

tgal
10-07-2011, 11:50 PM
Hi and welcome to the WHL Family! As was mentioned before the weekends are pretty quiet around here. Please make yourself at home. Read through the old posts or start new threads of your own. I look forward to getting to know youw