PDA

View Full Version : Mom's stroke

ruziska
10-07-2011, 09:54 AM
I just got back from the hospital. She was supposed to be moved to rehab unit today but now maybe not. The stroke weakened her epiglottis so last night she had a feeding tube put in. When I went to see her this morning she looked worse than ever and wouldn't even acknowledge me even though she was wide awake. I walked out and told the therapist what happened and she is going to have the dr re evaluate her and she may be staying in the progressive care unit. They'll call me and let me know what is going on. It destroyed me to see mom like that. My daughter said she has a hard time visiting grandma because to her, she's "already gone".

To say I'm overwhelmed right now is an understatement. Still taking it moment to moment knowing starting Monday (is Friday morning here and I am NOT in the right frame of mind at the moment) I will have to start a lot of paperwork and making hard decisions. I need to get guardian ad litum or whatever it is I need to get to be able to handle mom's stuff. To be able to cash her retirement check (she doesn't have a bank account, her check comes directly to her in the mail) and pay her bills. The cleaning of her house is weeks away from being done. Daughter and I spent hours on the kitchen alone the other day and didn't get it finished. Hoping to be able to tomorrow.

Step by step, moment by moment, Lord give me strength

mdawncooper
10-07-2011, 05:28 PM
Thanks for updating us. My prayers are with you during this difficult time. Please remember to take care of yourself too as all of these things overwhelm you at times.

steve.b
10-07-2011, 06:30 PM
i am sorry to hear things are progressing so slowly.

please take care of you as well.