PDA

View Full Version : Update on my life

ritzbit
10-05-2011, 06:24 PM
Haven't been feeling the best. Just really run down with this and that and the other. Lupus and college almost all nighters don't go well at all. My head has been a mess along with my back for like a week. I don't know if its just because of the crazy sleep I've been getting or if I'm getting ready to flare. I go to my rheum tomorrow moring and then I'm going to be going out of town this weekend on a retreat with our freshman service group. We're zipplining and camping in teepees! Its going to be so much fun. Hope it doesnt make things worse. I hate days when my brain can't even think clearly enough to talk right. I keep putting words together and making some fun new ones like crealy which is clearly+crisp obviously lol I keep doing that. And keep getting headaches. I down play it so no one in my house has a spaz attack but its really been making things hard. I keep making stupid mistakes on tests and homework thats making me lose ridiculous points because I'll like switch letter choices b and d ALL THE TIME and then get stuff wrong. Driving me nuts because its stuff I knew! I just put the wrong stuff. Even when I go back and check, its like I'm saying it wrong in my head. Oh BTW its apparently worldwide lupus month? Sorry if Im rambling. I feel like I haven't been on here much lately, I've just been really busy. I just wanted to tell you what all was going on.

steve.b
10-05-2011, 08:22 PM
just a thought,
since the college know about your lupus......
can you take oral tests.

as you said you know the right answer, just the pen and the brain are on different worlds.
maybe speakingthe answer will work.

Gizmo
10-05-2011, 08:24 PM
Hey Ritz, I'm glad you are giving us this update. College is hard, for just about everyone. You have done amazingly well so far, especially considering how sick you were last spring. I think I can safely say that all your aunties and uncles here are really proud of you. The weekend retreat sounds awesome, and you know what you need to do to protect yourself. The hard part will be to follow through, and wear your long sleeves and hat and sunscreen. Keep reminding yourself that you still need to make it to class on Monday whenever you are tempted to let things slide.

The brain stuff just sucks. It is so frustrating, and when the word stuff happens to me it kind of freaks me out. I hope you talk to your doctor about it. My first rheumy took that stuff seriously, my current one - not so much. Hopefully yours falls into the first category. For me mixing up words, having my brain freeze up in the middle of a sentence, and suddenly getting confused about what is going on means I am doing too much and I need to up my prednisone and lower my activity level for a few days.

You have been fighting this for long enough to know how to read your body, but the awesome new adventure you are in the middle of is going to challenge your ability to pay attention to your lupus. ALL college students have to make choices about study and play, but it's going to be even harder for you. I think of you often because you represent what my own daughter hasn't been able to do, and I am rooting for you big time!

ritzbit
10-06-2011, 10:02 AM
Went to the rheum this morning. She ran blood work and told me to call in a week. Made an appointment for December. I feel like I was going to tell you all something...but I am sleepy and have a headache soooo I will let you know when I remember lol I am really trying to keep myself healthy. I cant have any repeats of next spring. Especially because I'll be starting to take much more challenging classes next sememster.

ritzbit
10-06-2011, 01:19 PM
Sooo guess who just got a call from JCPenney and has an interview next week? THIS GIRL :D I'm so happy. If they are ok with the kind of hours I can work this is going to work out really nicely. I already know that working there, I would spend so much money at the mall that it is connected with! LOL I have been putting off applying at someone like this for awhile but my friends told me it was a nice place to work and they sound like the kind of place that will work with me. I sure hope so, I am almost out of money and babysitting hasn't been working the best.

n.mac
10-07-2011, 06:26 PM
My 19 yr old daughter just quit JC Penny because she joined the il national gaurd and had to go to boot camp. She has had a few different jobs in the past but pennys was by far her favorite place to work-they were very accomadating with her work schedule,she would bring in her class schedule and they never once failed to work with her.

Of course the employee discount didn't hurt either! Good Luck!

Nonna
10-08-2011, 02:11 AM
Good Luck with Jacque Pennyee's, wish I could remember how they spelled it in the book, it was so funny. JC Penneys as a French designer.

Hugs from one of your proud "aunties"

ritzbit
10-11-2011, 11:38 AM
I got the job at JCPenney! : D They seemed really nice and wrote down that I only wanted 4 hour shifts and I told them why and they seemed really nice. So happy! Im just considered seasonal right now but they take people that they like on after the holidays and if nothing else I'll be able to save up some money over the next few months =) So happy!

sharpiessave
10-11-2011, 12:17 PM
Check you out, College/Working girl, being all out in the world and whatnot. I'm so happy for you! And a little bit jealous, I must admit. Which is ridiculous. Ok, I take back the jealousy immediately and am focusing on the happy for you! LOL. It's so amazing that you can get out there and do all this stuff. In my head, you have a flowing, rainbow colored cape to match that hat, and you zip around from school to work on an electric scooter, living the hell out of life. You're heading the parade of admirers, going to view the Infanta. "Here she comes, in her palanquin, on the back of an elephant. . ."

Live it up, killer. : )

Gizmo
10-11-2011, 02:08 PM
Check you out, College/Working girl, being all out in the world and whatnot. I'm so happy for you! And a little bit jealous, I must admit. Which is ridiculous. Ok, I take back the jealousy immediately and am focusing on the happy for you! LOL. It's so amazing that you can get out there and do all this stuff. In my head, you have a flowing, rainbow colored cape to match that hat, and you zip around from school to work on an electric scooter, living the hell out of life. You're heading the parade of admirers, going to view the Infanta. "Here she comes, in her palanquin, on the back of an elephant. . ."

Awesome, Sharpie! And, it's OK to be jealous - Ritz is living the dream that most people your age have. It sucks when that dream is out of reach, even temporarily. You have a rainbow colored cape, too, and I have no doubt that you will set the world on fire in your own unique way. You have a gift with words and a perspective that gets people interested in hearing more. If you had a blog, or wrote a book or articles for a magazine I would totally follow you.

steve.b
10-11-2011, 08:35 PM
iam very happy for you.

remember the good times.
in only a few months ..........
you have your licence.
you have a car.
you go out for icecream.... just because.
you graduate with honors
you are a college girl
and holddown a job.

lots of proud cyber aunts and uncles.

ritzbit
10-20-2011, 09:44 AM
So I had training for 3 days this week at work and start sometime next week but I'm not really sure when yet. It went fairly well but I'm already feeling run down from all the stuff I've been doing this week. I feel like I've been going going going with little relax time. Yesterday I was up from 6 in the morning til 12 at night and had a bag of popcorn and a pizza bread thing from the microwave and thats all I ate. Went to class, class, class, meeting, meeting, work, home, bed. Woke up this morning feeling like crap. On a more positive note I really like the people I met that I'll be working with. One of the girls in my training class was friends with my cousin, so we started talking and low and behold she has fibro and goes to the same rheum as me lol weird right? My lifes been filled with interesting chance meetings like that lately. A girl in the group Im really involved with at school just happened to start talking to me before our retreat and offered to let me car pool with her and we clicked and I added her on facebook and she messaged me asking me if I had lupus, and her mom has it too. We are going to set up an event with our group when the Walk For Lupus Now event is going on in our area next April, almost no one goes to it. I'm not one for a belief in god, but I feel like something out there is bringing these people into my life for a reason.

magistramarla
10-20-2011, 08:36 PM
Hey Ritz,
I'm proud of you, girl! Just remember to pace yourself and listen to your body when it tells you to slow down.
Hugs,
Marla