PDA

View Full Version : The Stress Finally Caught Up with Me

BonusMom
10-02-2011, 09:25 PM
I have been under an incredible amount of stress over the last 14 months. I was trying my best to keep a flare at bay, but I think Lady Luck has officially left the building.

I am having an increased number of migraines since stopping Magnesium due to its interaction with Gabapentin that I've just started taking for RLS.

I've got all over muscular pain and stiffness that is blowing my mind. This last happened in February. By the time I mentioned it to my PCP and got referred out for labs and an EMG everything was normal. The neuro told me that the next time it happened to call stat and she'd run the labs to see if they show signs of inflammation.

I'll be calling tomorrow to get the labs drawn.

My digestive issues have returned with a vengeance. What goes down comes back to haunt me. Previously, I was being considered for a temporary gastric stimulator but I didn't pursue it because I was doing well, tummy wise.

My mouth has been extremely dry, as has been my skin and eyes, which have been red and gritty too.

This isn't any fun at all. In fact, it sucks.

steve.b
10-03-2011, 01:02 AM
( ( ( h u g s ) ) )

Nonna
10-03-2011, 03:48 AM
Be it known, you are not alone. I'm having the same issues. I started back on theMTX and am hoping things will be ok.

(((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))))
@@@@@@@@@@@@Shoulders@@@@@@@@@@@@@
that's a shoulder massage
Good Thoughts for you

tgal
10-03-2011, 06:10 AM
Hugggs to you! Please feel better and please keep us posted!

Saysusie
10-03-2011, 09:38 PM
Oh BonusMom...I am sending out warm hugs ..a tight squeeze filled with understanding. I know it sucks and having so many issues at the same time makes it harder to deal with.
I hope that you feel better very soon

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

Nonna
10-08-2011, 02:34 AM
Was wondering how you are doing, hoping you are doing better
((((((hugs))))))))
@@@@@you@@@@@@
Me too

Death to Stress

BonusMom
10-08-2011, 08:24 AM
Awww, how sweet of you to check in on me.

I finally got labs drawn yesterday and awaiting results so I can get some meds going. I'm exhausted-emotionally and physically and oh, so sore. It feels like I've got the flu, only I don't.

Didn't you start MTX recently? How did that go for you? What made the doctor decide to try it?

tgal
10-08-2011, 09:24 AM
Awww, how sweet of you to check in on me.

I finally got labs drawn yesterday and awaiting results so I can get some meds going. I'm exhausted-emotionally and physically and oh, so sore. It feels like I've got the flu, only I don't.

Didn't you start MTX recently? How did that go for you? What made the doctor decide to try it?

Hey there. Glad things are (possibly) looking up. I am not Nonna however I am on MTX and for me it was the doctors way of trying to lower my steroid usage. I was on really high amounts of steroids and they were not cutting it. They needed to lower my steroids (and still do) without making me spiral even worse. MTX and steroids is an attempt to allow you to use enough meds to keep your body working without getting such high amounts of either that you suffer the consequences or either of them

Please keep us posted

Gizmo
10-08-2011, 02:35 PM
I hope you get some relief soon, BonusMom.

magistramarla
10-17-2011, 08:18 PM
Hi there, BonusMom,
I just answered your PM and then I read this thread. I'm sorry to hear that you are having a flare. I know that you have a great rheumy, so maybe she'll get you started on something like MTX to help you out. Keep us informed.
Meanwhile, take it easy and chill out a bit.
Gentle Hugs,
Marla