PDA

View Full Version : Frequent Flu

serand4
09-28-2011, 02:41 PM
I'll try to keep this brief (not my strong suit). About once a month or every two months, I come down with this HORRIBLE flu-like sickness. I don't think it's the flu because it runs the exact same course each time. My body is racked with pain, eating is impossible and I sleep about 18 hours a day for two days, slowly adding awake time each day afterwards. My lower back is intolerable and my stomach feels like it's taken a direct hit with a blow torch. Is this a part of Lupus? Is it a flare? Oh, and I definitely run fevers -- then chills -- then fevers. I don't think it's the Cellcept as I've had these before I started taking it. Oh, and I'm down to 13mg of Prednisone. This may not mean much to some, but getting below 20mg seemed impossible until I started the cellcept.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Manderson
09-28-2011, 07:23 PM
Do you also have right side pain that radiates into the lower back? Wondering if it's your gall bladder. My gall bladder attacks felt like flu. At first they came 2-3 months apart and then slowly started coming closer and closer together.

Nonna
09-28-2011, 11:42 PM
Sometimes my gall bladder pain felt like a sharp pain in my kidney. I'd ask the doc to check gall bladder
Sounds like it to me also. Don't wait longer or it could get worse

serand4
09-29-2011, 02:53 PM
Thanks for the help but I've already had my gallbladder removed. Infact, all of this started two months after that operation. I still think there is a correlation. I called both my GI and my Rheum but they probably just will consider me a worry wart. Sure does cause a lot of pain and discomfort though!

Thanks again!

tgal
09-29-2011, 03:29 PM
I am not sure what kind of meds you are on but if you are on any immunosupressent drugs you have to be very careful about getting around people that are ill. It is possible to get things over and over when we have a compromised immune system

Nonna
09-29-2011, 06:04 PM
Also you need go watch what you eat; certain food make me violently ill. I never know how my body is going to react.

So where I was going is that meds and foods can cause your body to react in different ways

steve.b
09-29-2011, 07:42 PM
my first thought was sinus.

have you had them checked recently.