PDA

View Full Version : Tingling and numbness

bunny28
09-26-2011, 04:22 PM
When do you experience tingling and numbness if you do? What do you do about it? Any specific diagnosis? (other than Lupus SLE)

Nonna
09-26-2011, 04:44 PM
There are many reasons that tingling and numbness occur; many different things cause it. If you are experiencing these symptoms it would be best that you see your doctor and have a full blood work up. Ask that your blood calcium levels be included as well. I'm not going to list possibilities as they are too numerous as far as I see it.
Please take care,
Nonna

Elo
09-26-2011, 07:33 PM
I experience a LOT Of tingling and numbness. My entire arm or leg will go numb at times, even if i'm not sitting in a weird position. There's really nothing I do, except that weird laugh-giggle through the pain thing that goes along with the pins and needles. I have fibromyalgia though, and i'm told it's rather common to have the tingling/numbness with Fibro. Not sure about Lupus though...sorry I couldn't be of more help!

Edit: it might be some sort of circulation problem, or problem with blood pressure. Perhaps mention it to your doc, couldn't hurt to ask! :)