PDA

View Full Version : Saunas?

hating_that_pred
09-24-2011, 11:04 PM
Gday peeps,
I had a spell in the Sauna the other night and I was fine. It should be ok shouldnt it?

Nonna
09-25-2011, 02:05 AM
That's a good question!
I always try to avoid major heat as it is draining to me. I look forward to the others thoughts on this.

debbie-b
09-25-2011, 07:49 AM
Heat makes me nauseated, confused( major brain fog), dizzy and shaky. These symptoms take hours to go away, in a cool place. That is why, my hubby and I traded cars, because the AC in my car is out, it would cost $700 to get fixed, but since we have short summers here in NY, we just switched cars. I can't even drive the car, if it is very hot, because I get disoriented and dizzy, plus I have a hard time breathing.
I don't know, if it is a Lupus thing, but I think it is. That is why I avoid getting to hot, when possible. I even get this way if the shower is to hot, so I have started to take warm showers.

Debbie

n.mac
09-25-2011, 05:37 PM
I avoid the heat whenever possible-hot showers make me nauseated ,confused and generally all around sick.You couldn't pay me enough to go sit in a sauna!

bunny28
09-26-2011, 04:21 PM
I have read of people with LUPUS who LOVE the relief of a HOT shower or bath while others hate it. I think you just have to go with what feels good to you. And maybe ask your doctor next time around.

Nonna
09-26-2011, 04:49 PM
Good answer, each to their own