PDA

View Full Version : Well hellooooooo...

Elo
09-22-2011, 05:35 PM
Hi there!
Okay, so I'm not sure if anybody noticed or not, but I've been kind of awol for a while.
To be honest, I've been having a hard time, and dealing with a lot of stuff. It's also been really hard for me to post, for some reason.
But, today I had my first rheumatology appointment.
And subsequently, I got a diagnosis.

And I figured, I should let you guys know.

So, my diagnosis ISSSS... *Drumroll* ..... *dramatic silence*... *more silence* ... FIBROMYALGIA!!!
*confetti falls from sky* *99 red balloons are dropped from on high*
*Music plays and crowd goes wild*

Okay, maybe not such an awesome announcement or response, but you get the point.
Here's the sad part...I don't have Lupus :( And while i'm happy for my organs, i'm also sad, because... well... that means i'm not really a part of this forum.
Awwwww...

But you guys are great, and wonderful, and so understanding and sweet, so if you could find it in your hearts to accept a lost kitten into your wolf pack, I would be most grateful. ^^

In all seriousness, I do understand if any moderators would prefer I wasn't, as it IS a Lupus forum after all.
HOWEVER, I'll not take it lying down, and as such, I am willing to make the following adjustments:

I would, from now onwards, refer to all moderators as His/Her Royal Highness. (HRH For short). Example: His Royal Highness Rob.
Also, totally willing to negotiate shortening it to HRH, and also adding in King, Queen, Empress, etc as per person.
I will change my signature so that it reads "Caution: I do NOT have Lupus, I only suffer from chronic awesomeness- I mean, Pain, and have Fibromyalgia).

I'm also willing to stay a show poodle for eternity, even though I'm a cat person.

And I'll also adjust to any other rules and regulations that you feel necessary, just as long as I get to stay on this here forum. ♥

So if I could have a moderator message me with whatever their decision is, that would be wonderful. :) I promise if I have to leave, I won't kick and scream... much.

Hope you are all well!!!
-Elo

panda_lupo
09-22-2011, 06:02 PM
hey sunshine!

i SEEM to remember that this site is for all who suffer different kinds of diseases.

keep your head up =)

tgal
09-22-2011, 09:07 PM
Goodness Gracious Elo! We can't disown family members because they have another diagnosis (or even no diagnosis) we don't have the money to go to court for the disownment! LOL

Now seriously. Do you have any idea how many of us received a firbro diagnosis months or years before getting the Lupus diagnosis? I am sure many will come by raising their hands too (too would be because I had it too). This site isn't for people with just Lupus. It is for anyone with an AI disease or anyone that cares about someone with an AI disease. We are together here because we care about each other. the good, the bad and the ugly but we are family.

So bring your fibro diagnosed self in and and be the Elo that have come to love

abbasgirl
09-22-2011, 09:17 PM
Ditto to what tgal said.

Besides, we'd miss your cuteness!

P.S. I'm a cat person too.

Gizmo
09-22-2011, 09:33 PM
My first thought when I read your diagnosis was "well, that's a place to start." I also had a fibro dx first, but there was alot of stuff that fell outside of the fibro diagnosis. If I get a vote, I vote that you STAY! We've gotten several new young adults here recently who are looking for others to commiserate with and you are a great voice for them to hear.

Nonna
09-23-2011, 01:17 AM
Don't you even dare think of leaving us. We are family and I totally agree with Tgal. We care about each other and we need each other. The departure of one lessens the whole

Stay here
Hugs ;-)

Elo
09-23-2011, 12:49 PM
Awww...YAYYYY!!!! I'm so excited I get to stay!!

You guys are all so sweet and wonderful :)

So...uh...no Royal Highnesses then?

tgal
09-23-2011, 12:52 PM

Only if you want me to hurt you! lol

rob
09-23-2011, 01:11 PM

It's good to see you Elo!

This place is like the Hotel California-

You can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave...

Seriously, as the senior moderator, I just want to reassure you, and anyone else who may have the same question, that having Lupus has never been, nor will it ever be a membership requirement here.

All are welcome regardless of diagnosis, or lack of.

It's good to see you back Elo!

Rob

debbie-b
09-23-2011, 02:58 PM
Well Elo,

First of all, I am so happy for you, that it is not Lupus.
I could have told you, that the wonderful mods in this forum, would never tell you to leave.
BTW, I love the way you wrote this post, it is very funny.
It looks like you are stuck with us.

Debbie

Manderson
09-24-2011, 10:17 AM
That's two of us Elo - both fibro-femmes. Fibromyalgia is all that my rheum is prepared to say since she is treating the bloodwork apparently and not the symptoms. You can call me Princess Fibro and I will call you M'Lady Fibro.

Glad you brought this up tho in all seriousness. I've not posted much because I do not have a lupus dx. So I was just kinda sitting back and reading; throwing in my 2 cents when applicable.

tgal
09-24-2011, 10:20 AM
Oh Maderson! I feel so bad that you have not felt comfortable enough to post! The name is Lupus but EVERYONE is welcome and wanted here! Our experiences are all different but in may ways the same. Please make yourself at home and talk away!!!

debstar
09-24-2011, 03:04 PM
Hi Elo,

I don't know you (yet) but I also do not have Lupus and I must say members on here couldn't make me feel more welcome if they tried.

I have had the "feeling guilty, I don't have Lupus' outsider conversation with some of the people here, but they snapt me out of it quick smart!

So, we'll be seeing you around the forum no doubt :-0

Debs