PDA

View Full Version : Pins and needles

FranzeeSmith
09-19-2011, 09:05 PM
Hello everyone!!
I've been having a very painful problem lately. Most of the time I walk or even stand I get this feeling as if I just stood on a pile of stick pins. It hurts so bad to the point where my feet feel like they are on fire or like they are frost bitten. Its a really weird pain! I also noticed when this happens my fingers start to feel the same, like its connected nerves or something. It seems to go away once I put my feet up. What could be going on?

magistramarla
09-19-2011, 09:24 PM
Hi Franzee,
This sounds like Raynaud's Syndrome to me. If you do a search on it, you will find that we've discussed it a lot on several threads.
My feet feel cold most of the time, and if I'm really cold or stressed, my toes turn purple. I keep warm fuzzy socks and leg warmers handy at all times.
There is also something called Peripheral Neuropathy that can cause those symptoms, too.
Talk to your rheumy about it.
Hugs,
Marla

lizbond36
09-20-2011, 05:01 AM
I have this feeling along with my hands, I my legs have the burning feeling as well. I don't know what to do for those times, but I sit and cry and bang my legs with my hands. I feel better hhope you found a coping skill :-)

MisCamp
09-21-2011, 03:03 PM
I get this too! It's different than pins and needles, like when you cross your legs for too long, though. It hurts more and comes out of nowhere.
I'm new to AI disease, I've always been told that numbness/tingling/pain in my extremities is due to electrolyte imbalance. It's nice to get a better explanation. I'll have to look up Raynaud's.

tgal
09-21-2011, 03:29 PM
I have to agree without Marla about the Raynaud's. Remember that we are not doctors and we can't diagnose anyone but I have Raynaud's too and it sounds a lot like it. I also have Vasculitis so i have this lovely purple lacy rash that goes down my legs and on bad days it leads to solid purple toes. LOL It almost looks like an artist painting. Would be pretty if the toes didn't hurt they was they do!

I am not sure if you have a Neurologist but if you do you might want to talk to him about it too. I have CNS Lupus and I used to explain to the doctors (while they were trying to figure this all out) that the stings almost felt like I was a Robot that was short circuiting. I do tend to get that in my legs and upper arms more then my feet but any kind stinging needs to be checked out just in case

Make sure you talk to your doctor about this. It may be nothing and it may be something. You won't know until you tell someone

bunny28
09-26-2011, 04:28 PM
Just found this and it relates somewhat to my question about numbness and tingling. I don't just get it in my hands and feet though. It sitting, I get it in my buttocks, and sometimes I get it in my legs though I couldn't tell you exactly when...still looking for answers.