PDA

View Full Version : I was married 30 years ago today!

Linda From Australia
09-19-2011, 05:56 AM
Time for some good news, time to share some happy news.

I had a lovely surprise this morning. While I was struggling to do my physio at the pool, my husband walked in at 11am and reached down to give me a huge kiss. He gave me some perfume and told me that he was taking half the day off to take me out to lunch and out to a movie. I opened the perfume and sprayed it on me - mmmm - chlorine and Coco Chanel .. such a nice combination.

My husband reached down and gave me another kiss, then left to have a shower and get dressed. I finished my physio and went home. We went out to lunch then saw a movie. It was such a lovely afternoon, much better than going out tonight as my husband knows how tired I get. Last night we went out to tea with some dear friends of ours who had their 20th wedding anniversay last week. On Saturday we went out for lunch and drove around the Swan Valley. So this weekend was so lovely, and timely since I had such bad news on Friday.

My 19 year old daughter asked me this morning if I felt old, being married for 30 years. Well what do you think, I asked her. She said, oh yes, of course your body feels old. Kids, they really say the dumbest things. Anyway she was so excited that we had such a good weekend. 30 years, and still very much in love - how sweat life is!

red246
09-19-2011, 06:26 AM
Congratulations & Happy Anniversary! I hope that my hubby is still so sweet when we hit 30 years! (((hugs)))

tgal
09-19-2011, 08:38 AM
Oh That sounds like such a fabulous day!! I am so happy that you had a great a happy Anniversary. If anyone deserves it you do Linda.

Happy Anniversary my friend!

debbie-b
09-19-2011, 10:00 AM
Linda,

Congrats, wow 30 years, that is awesome and you are still in love, that is even better.
I am so glad, that you had such a nice day.

Debbie

Gizmo
09-19-2011, 02:53 PM
Congratulations Linda! The two of you sound like you were made for each other!

Saysusie
09-19-2011, 03:31 PM
Congratulations Linda..thirty years is a milestone and to still be in love is wondrous. I am so happy to hear that your weekend was so lovely. He is definitely a keeper and I'm sure that he feels the same way about you :-)

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

giggle
09-19-2011, 03:36 PM
Congratulations Linda! : )

What a lovely man you have there.

kim,l
09-19-2011, 05:40 PM
congradulations linda glad you had a wonderful day

steve.b
09-19-2011, 08:03 PM
i have had the pleasure of your husbands company.

with a name like his (stephen), he has to be a winner.

i am happy for both of you.
glad you had a good day.

magistramarla
09-19-2011, 08:25 PM
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, Linda & Stephen!
I'm so glad that he did sweet things to make this a lovely day for you.
September is my favorite month!
Hugs,
Marla

tgal
09-19-2011, 08:28 PM
i have had the pleasure of your husbands company.

with a name like his (stephen), he has to be a winner.

i am happy for both of you.
glad you had a good day.

Steve have y'all (a Texas word) been able to meed? I knew Linda and Marilyn (I know I spelled that wrong) have met several times but I didn't know that you and she have met! I think that is so very wonderful! I just wish everyone was in the states because I adore all of you so very much.

steve.b
09-20-2011, 01:56 AM
tgal,
i was lucky to have linda and stephen come to my place, for afternoon tea.

that is why i know they are both beautiful people.
who else would drive 50 miles into the country for afternoon tea?

BonusMom
09-20-2011, 05:27 AM
Wow! Thirty years of marriage is commendable, Linda. Congratulations to you and DH!