PDA

View Full Version : trembling lip

jimali
03-31-2006, 12:42 AM
Hi

I am 52; I have had lupus since my early 20s. I have been diagnosed with SLE since 1994, mostly affecting my joints, with bad chronic fatigue the main problems. Going on to a combination of prednisone, methotrexate, and plaquinel kept me working till last year, albeit reduced hours since 2000. Since 2000 the lungs have been bad and I now have shrinking lung syndrome. I have recently been diagnosed with myopathy of the oesophagus and vasculitis in the small bowel, to add to general problems that were until now fairly well managed by medication. I also have problems with osteoporosis which while diagnosed before the SLE has not responded to palliative medication (including Forteo). I have neuropathy in the legs which takes over the whole body but is mostly controlled with medication. I have had problems with medication toxity over time such as weight gain, type II diabetes etc. I recently lost 50 kgs in 5 months - deliberately as my liver was enlarged and fatty. The liver tests are now near normal again.

I have noticed my lower lip is now trembling: not a tic, which is a regular beat, but an irregular tremble that is noticable when I lay down to rest and I am not concentrating on holding myself together. I know it is not Parkinson's as my ex husband has that and the symptoms start with the hand trembling. My hands don't tremble, and nothing else appears to be trembling either.

Does anyone have any idea why I might be geting this trembling?

Jimali
Sydney, Australia

Saysusie
03-31-2006, 12:09 PM
Hi Jimali;
From my research, I've found this possibility for trembling lips. The most prominent possibility that I found was the accumulation of heavy metals in the organs. Heavy metals slowly accumulate in all our organs causing a myriad of symptoms from fatigue to cancer. One of the biggest culprits is mercury, especially as found in our dental amalgam fillings. Silver amalgam fillings give off substantial amounts of mercury vapor from the moment they are placed, which is absorbed to over 80 % by the mucous membranes of the oral cavity and lungs. Mercury is lipophilic and has long been recognized as a potent neurotoxin. It has been suggested as a possible cofactor in chronic pain syndromes (such as Fibromyalgia) for many years. From these reports it appeared reasonable to suspect, that some cases of FM are caused by either infections in the oral cavity and/or by mercury toxicity. Other metals are also known as neurotoxins, amongst them lead, cadmium and aluminum.
My research also indicated that this build up of mercury can also cause auto-immune disorders (like Lupus). I cannot diagnose what is causing your trembling lips, only provide you with information that may or may not be your case. But, it is certainly something that you can address with your doctor. The following list contains some of the well known signs and symptoms of toxic metal exposure:
CENTRAL NERVOUS SYSTEM
Anxiety/nervousness, often with difficulty in breathing
Restlessness
Exaggerated response to stimulation
Fearfulness
Emotional instability
Lack of self control, fits of anger, with violent, irrational behavior
Loss of self confidence
Indecision, shyness or timidity, being easily embarrassed
Loss of memory
Inability to concentrate
Lethargy/drowsiness
Insomnia, mental depression, despondency
Withdrawal
Suicidal tendencies
Manic-depression
Numbness and tingling of hands, feet, fingers, toes, or lips
Muscleweakness progressing to paralysis
Ataxia
Tremors/trembling of hands, feet, lips, eyelids, or tongue
Incoordination
Myoneural transmission failure resembling Myasthenia Gravis
HEAD, NECK, ORAL CAVITY DISORDERS
Motor neuron disease (ALS)
Multiple Sclerosis
Bleeding gums
Alveolar bone loss
Loosening of teeth
Excessive salivation
Foul breath
Metallic taste
Burning sensation with tingling of lips, face
Tissue pigmentation (amalgam tattoo of gums)
Leukoplakia
Stomatitis
Ulceration of gingiva, palate, tongue
Dizziness/acute, chronic vertigo
Ringing in the ears, hearing difficulties, speech and visual impairment
Glaucoma
Restricted, dim vision
CARDIOVASCULAR EFFECTS
Abnormal heart rhythm
Characteristic findings on EKG:
-abnormal changes in the S-T segment
-lower and broadened P wave
Unexplained, elevated serum triglyceride
Unexplained, elevated cholesterol
Abnormal blood pressure, either high or low
IMMUNOLOGIC EFFECTS
Repeated infections
Viral and fungal infections
Candida or other yeast infections
Microbacteria infections
Cancer
Auto immune disorders
Arthritis
Lupus erythematosus (LE)
Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
Scieroderma
Amytrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS)
Hypothyroidism
SYSTEMIC EFFECTS
Chronic headaches
Allergies
Severe dermatitis
Unexplained reactivity
Thyroid disturbance
Subnormal body temperature
Cold, clammy skin, especially hands and feet
Excessive perspiration, with frequent night sweats
Unexplained sensory symptoms, including pain
Unexplained numbness, or burning sensations
Unexplained anemia
G-6-PD deficiency
Chronic kidney disease
Nephrotic syndrome
Receiving renal dialysis
Kidney infection
Adrenal disease
General fatigue
Loss of appetite/with or without weight loss
Loss of weight
Hypoglycemia

I hope that this information has been helpful to you. Let me know if you have any more questions and I will research it for you!

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie