PDA

View Full Version : Restasis

abbasgirl
09-16-2011, 11:47 AM
I wasn't sure where to post this one since it's a Sjogren's med so thought I'd put it here.

Anyone here use Restasis three or four times a day instead of twice a day?

ritzbit
09-16-2011, 01:31 PM
Im wanting to say that a few people on here use it. It was recommended by my doctor so I could wear my contacts again but my mom cant afford it to me. Marla has sjogrens maybe she could talk to you about it.

Nonna
09-16-2011, 06:34 PM
Marla would be the one who would know; she's the only one I can think of though there are others .

Hugs

magistramarla
09-17-2011, 08:54 PM
Yes, I use Restasis. However, I only use it twice a day. I'm supposed to use Systane (artificial tears) the rest of the day, but I always forget.
I just saw my eye doc Thursday, and he is wanting me to get the tear duct plugs. We're waiting to see what my insurance thinks of it.

I have seen folks over at the Sjogren's site who use Restasis three or four times a day. It seems to vary by the docs.
Hope this helps,
Hugs,
Marla

abbasgirl
09-21-2011, 07:47 PM
Hi Marla. I betcha your insurance company won't like it. They're so expensive but they really do help. I had the collagen and then the permanent plugs.

So there are people who do use it that many times a day. I need to head over there to that site and read what they have to say about it. It just seems like a lot of Restasis.

abbasgirl
09-22-2011, 09:44 PM
Hey Marla, have you tried the Systane eye ointment?