PDA

View Full Version : Update on daughter's assault charges

ruziska
09-14-2011, 10:30 PM
Hey Everyone:

To recap, a couple month's ago, my daughter had assault charges filed against her by a very disturbed gal who claimed darling daughter hit her in the face around 2:30 am in our home. The fact of the matter is that daughter and gal had gone out with friends earlier that evening after moving daughter back home when her boyfriend suddenly dumped her. Daughter had borrowed a tshirt from the gal as her stuff was all jumbled in hastily packed cartons and containers. As soon as they walked in the door the gal demanded her shirt back IMMEDIATELY. Daughter asked her to calm down and keep quiet as parents were sleeping and had to get up early. Gal totally freaks out, screams and behaves wildly. Daughter asked her several times to leave since she wouldn't calm down. Gal finally storms out several minutes later. Daughter NEVER EVER laid a hand on her. 8 hours later, a cop knocks on my door and claims that the gal says daughter hit her in the face and as a red mark to prove it. I saw the pictures, looks like bad makeup. Anyhow, daughter was given a citation. Her lawyer thought it was ridiculous and pushed to have the case dropped. The original plea offered by the prosecution was $100 fee and 6 months good behavior then it would be wiped off her record. Trial set for 15 September. Lawyer really thought prosecution would drop it as there was no credible evidence whatsoever, but the prosecution held on. Daughter did NOT want to go to trial as she did NOT want to face the gal and understandably concerned about her ability to keep her composure. Prosecution offered a new plea of no fee and only 3 months good behavior. Daughter took it. It is NOT an admission of guilt by any means. The people who matter know she's innocent. As far as that gal is concerned, she does have a history of causing trouble for my daughter so her lawyer is going to present her with a "no contact" order which means the gal cannot have any contact of any means whatsoever with my daughter, me, my husband and my son and his wife. If the gal does attempt contact, harassment charges will be pressed on her and now that the gal is legally an adult, it wouldn't go well for her.

So that nightmare is over. However, the nightmare regarding the attack of my husband continues... such is my life.

Elo
09-15-2011, 05:18 AM
Good to hear at least one problem and issue has been resolved..even with so much else on your plate to deal with, one thing stopping can really help. I hope other things start looking up, and calming down for you soon :)

Manderson
09-15-2011, 06:26 AM
Sorry that this just didn't get dropped on its own ridiculous merits, but glad it's over.

Nonna
09-15-2011, 05:32 PM
Glad it's going better for you. Hugs

tgal
09-15-2011, 05:52 PM
Glad that it is over for you!

steve.b
09-18-2011, 05:12 AM
i am happy 1 chapter is over.
i hope the pages of life, turn quickly for you.

thinking of you often......