PDA

View Full Version : New to Forum and Newly Diagnosed

kelibeli
03-30-2006, 02:10 PM
Hi, my name is Kelli. I am 28 years old, married and have no children. I am here to learn and to share what I have learned. I am also here to give and accept support. I thought about a conventional support group but it's not my style.

Here's a little bit about my story: I was diagnosed with Lupus and Sjogren's in December 2005. On a scale of 1-10 my disease is at 4 or 5. It took more than 6 years for me to be properly diagnosed. Four years ago I was misdiagnosed with Multiple Chemical Sensitivity Syndrome. I have been put on an anti-depressant which made matters worse because I am not depressed. Most doctors (and some family members) blew me off and told me it was in my head. Finally this past autumn all of my symptoms came together and I was sent to a Rheumatologist who diagnosed me correctly. In addition to the above I also have anti-bodies against my thyroid.

No major organ involvement yet! I am on Plaquenil, Methotrexate, Folic Acid, Restatis and just started Evoxac today.

I have had about six months of feeling just aweful and I am finally starting to feel like I can function in society again. I haven't been working which has been very difficult on me but I hope to start working again soon.

I have a laundry list of symptoms for which I have tried a million remedies (natural and conventional) so if anybody has any questions I would be glad to try to answer them.

Thanks to the administrator for the site. We all need a good outlet like this.

Kelli

hatlady
03-30-2006, 05:23 PM
Welcome Kelibeli, so glad you've joined us!

hippimom2
03-30-2006, 05:25 PM
Welcome Kelli. I'm glad you were finally able to get a diagnosis and you are finally starting to feel better. I can completely relate to the frustration of docs not being able to figure out what is wrong. I am still in the frustrating place of waiting for an official diagnosis. My rhuemy says she highly suspects lupus and that is what she is treating me for. It will be nice to hear more from you and what you have found helpful. Take care