PDA

View Full Version : Flying to Denver

magistramarla
09-06-2011, 10:55 PM
Hey Friends,
I'll be out of touch for a few days. I'm flying to Denver in the morning to visit Kayla, Perry and Kyle.
It should be fun - I've never been to Denver before. I'm also excited to meet Kayla's new fiancee, Perry.
I'll be back on Sept. 12. Take care of yourselves while I'm gone.
Hugs,
Marla

debbie-b
09-07-2011, 03:43 AM
Have lots of fun, be careful and behave yourself.lol

Debbie

n.mac
09-07-2011, 03:51 AM
My brother just moved to denver(job transfer) and absolutly loves it there. I can't wait to visit!

tgal
09-07-2011, 08:33 AM
Take care of yourself, Marla! Enjoy some family time. There is nothing better

steve.b
09-07-2011, 08:18 PM
lots of puppy licks at the end of your journey.

red246
09-07-2011, 08:35 PM
Hope you have a wonderful visit & great weather!

Gizmo
09-10-2011, 07:54 PM
I live near Denver. Hope you are staying well hydrated and taking it easy the first few days. The altitude really gets some people. The weather has been beautiful, so hopefully your trip will be pleasant.

magistramarla
09-17-2011, 09:42 PM
Hi everyone,
I really enjoyed my trip to Denver. Six year old Kyle wore Grandma out. I got lots of puppy licks from Perry's Border Collie, Jack. He and I became good friends. Kayla's cat, Gizmo, remembered me well and happily slept with me while I was there. I really liked Perry - a huge improvement over the jerkface ex.
We drove to Colorado Springs on Saturday. I loved the Garden of the Gods, and the zoo on Cheyenne Mountain was wonderful. Everything was uphill, so poor Perry had to push me in a wheelchair. Kyle loved feeding the giraffes. We ate at the Rudy's BBQ there, and enjoyed introducing Perry to real Texas BBQ. We have eaten at the original Rudy's in Leon Springs, Tx many, many times.
Kayla had to work on Sunday, so I drove her there and then wandered into a fantastic Italian festival. I had lots of fun all by myself.
I did just fine on the entire trip, then came home on Monday and had a migraine headache that laid me low for the entire day on Tuesday.
I've been recovering and catching up the rest of the week.
Hugs,
Marla

BonusMom
09-17-2011, 11:05 PM
I missed you-was in Aptos from the 9th thru 11th celebrating SIL's 50th bday (better her than me!). I thought about you as we strolled through the booths at the Wine and Art Festival in Capitola and then when we went to the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk.

I'm glad you had a good time in Denver! Too bad the recovery takes so long!

Saysusie
09-18-2011, 11:53 AM
I am glad to hear that you had a good trip and that you really like Perry :-) I am sorry to hear about the Migraine. How are you feeling? I get those much too often, so I know that recuperation can take some time and can drain you. I do hope that you are feeling better..Welcome Home :-)

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

Gizmo
09-19-2011, 04:46 PM
I loved the Garden of the Gods, and the zoo on Cheyenne Mountain was wonderful. Everything was uphill, so poor Perry had to push me in a wheelchair.

That alone should earn Perry big points. We had to stop going to that amazing zoo because I can't push my daughter up those hills.