PDA

View Full Version : Daughter with symptoms like mine

magistramarla
09-05-2011, 10:16 PM
Hi Everyone,
Today my daughter Hillary called me feeling very frightened by an experience with spasms.
She and her husband were enjoying a little..um....afternoon delight, when she suddenly spasmed all over her body.
NO, not that kind of spasm, either! This was just like the kind that I have every night. Her leg muscles tightened and clamped down, her toes got cold and numb, her hands curled into claws and also felt numb. Steve was so alarmed, he almost called 911. When she called me, she felt recovered, but felt terribly fatigued. When I told her about our description of it as trying to move with a lead blanket covering you, she agreed very quickly.
This is the second time that this has happened to her. A few years ago, she gave blood and then went to her college class. She felt strange halfway through it, and walked into the hall. She had one of these whole-body spasms, and was found passed out in the hall. Hillary is 32, and she has been diagnosed with celiac, lactose intolerance and polycystic ovarian syndrome.
I told her to make an appointment with my rheumy there in San Antonio and to get checked out for other AI diseases. Her Dad and I had a long talk with her about what has helped me.
I've been watching my four girls carefully, and of the four, Hillary and Kayla have quite a few symptoms that have worried me. I think that Hillary shows all of the signs of having the same problems that I have.
I hope that a cure, or at least better treatments, are found soon!
Hugs,
Marla

steve.b
09-05-2011, 10:46 PM
( ( ( H U G S ) ) )

i can feel the pain.
i too have passed some not so good genes to both of my children.
it hurts to think it is possible that they are sick because of us.

please know that both of you are in my thoughts, i hope hillary is able to find some form of relief.

tgal
09-06-2011, 12:41 AM
Oh Marla I completely understand how you feel! When I take my daughter to the rhuemy my heart sinks in my chest. It is bad enough that we deal with it but to watch our kids and worry about them is too much. Please know that I am here i you need to vent, cry or just talk. My heart is with you and yours.

Nonna
09-06-2011, 01:11 AM
Hugs, hugs and more hugs

debbie-b
09-06-2011, 04:20 AM
Marla,

That is one thing we don't want to happen, our kids going through, what we are going through.
My younger daughter has alot of joint pain, that worries me too.
I hope that your daughter can get an appointment with your rheumy soon.

Debbie

magistramarla
09-06-2011, 10:50 PM
Hillary tried to get an appointment with Dr. Pineda, but she's not taking new patients until2013! She's that good and that much in demand. I sure hope that she takes me back when I move back to Texas. There is no other rheumy there who is nearly as good.

Hillary saw her PC, who is concerned about MS, and ordered all of the bloodwork for AI diseases. I reassured her that Sjogren's and other AI diseases are often mistaken for MS.
She's having pain in her jaw and numbness in her tongue, which is making me think about trigeminal neuralgia.
I'm glad that she's getting some testing started.
Hugs to all,
Marla

kim,l
09-07-2011, 04:43 PM
dear marla so sorry to hear this as you know i have passed it on to my daughter so i know how worried you are hope everything goes alright will be thinking of you and your daughter hugs

magistramarla
09-17-2011, 10:12 PM
So of course all of Hillary's bloodwork was normal. She's still feeling the symptoms, though.
I think that she has just started onto the same wild ride that we are all on.
I'll keep an eye one her and coach her through it.
Thanks for all the kind thoughts.
Hugs,
Marla

BonusMom
09-17-2011, 10:58 PM
Hey M-
Sorry I'm late to the party, but this is terrible news! And, like so many of us, now she's going to be in diagnosis limbo due to negative labs.

I hope that your daughter will be able to get in to your fantastic rheumy at some point.

Saysusie
09-18-2011, 11:39 AM
Marla; I certainly hope that the normal test results do not mean that the doctors are going to stop looking for a cause and/or not treat her. As we here all know, normal tests do not mean that there is nothing wrong and that symptoms should be ignored.
I am sorry that your daughter is dealing with this and I know that you are worried. I am sending you gentle hugs of understanding. Please continue to keep us posted.

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

abbasgirl
09-21-2011, 07:53 PM
*Hugs* Marla. It's awful Hillary is going through this but she's so blessed to have you for her Mom and helping her.