PDA

View Full Version : looking for work again

ruziska
08-29-2011, 07:38 AM
well the temp job I was supposed to have for 4-6 weeks ended abruptly this morning after only 2 weeks. I was asked on Friday to come back Monday (today) so I did and as I'm sitting at the desk the gal I was temping for walks in. News to me. She asked me why I was there. I told her I was told to come back on Monday so there I was. I gathered my things and went home. Emailed and left a voice mail for the supervisor thanking her for everything. I also called the temp agency and let them know I was available for work. I joked with a friend last night how I wished for another day off and looks like I got it! The job search continues...

Gizmo
08-29-2011, 08:09 AM
Sorry to hear that, Ruz. Maybe they will ask for you again when they need a temp, though.

tgal
08-29-2011, 11:00 AM
So sorry that it ended so quickly. I really hope you find something soon!

ruziska
08-29-2011, 11:18 AM
I'm actually looking at this as a blessing in disguise. Now I can take care of a few things like getting counseling to deal with the attack on my husband and wrapping my brain around what happened. I've been going non stop since it happened and now I have the opportunity to take a breath and hopefully start healing.

ruziska
08-29-2011, 05:05 PM
*UPDATE*

The temp agency called me at 1:00 this afternoon and somehow communication was messed up on the college end. They want me to work noon - 5 this week as the regular gal is just back mornings this week and there is a slight possibility of next week as well. I'll take what I can get.

steve.b
08-29-2011, 07:18 PM
it looks like you get the best of both worlds..........
counselling in the morning,
and work to pay for it, in the afternoon.

i hope you can make sense of everything.

thinking of you always.

MorrisonGal
08-29-2011, 07:33 PM
Hi ruziska! I'm working as a temp, too :) Glad your job worked out to be some more days for you. I kinda like working temp because I have a few days or weeks work then some days to rest and I'm not sure I can handle full-time yet.

magistramarla
08-31-2011, 09:08 PM
Good for you Rita!
It sounds like the college likes you - keep your name on file with them in case something full-time comes up.
I'm so glad that you are pursuing the counseling.
I hope that things start to get better for you.
Hugs,
Marla