PDA

View Full Version : Earthquake

red246
08-23-2011, 12:30 PM
Anyone in VA? We're in Jersey and my house shook & swayed! What a wild experience, don't want to do it again!

tgal
08-23-2011, 12:32 PM
I have friends in the Carolinas and they said it was a trip too!! Glad you are ok!

GeoKasher
08-23-2011, 02:08 PM
I'm in northern PA and sat and watched my house sway from side to side. I thought it was going to topple over into the street! We used to live in the Tidewater area of Virginia so are anxious to hear reports from there.

bunny28
08-23-2011, 03:05 PM
I hope everyone is okay. I live in Canada but apparently the quake was felt here (mildly). I missed it (in the car?) but have a funny story. My husband hadn't been feeling well and lay down on the bed which started shaking and moving about (for more than 10 sec) and he thought "oh no, here we go, I must be having a veritigo attack" and got up to get his vertigo medication. He didn't know until I got home that there had been an earthquake. Hope no one was seriously hurt. Bunny

rob
08-23-2011, 03:41 PM
News here in Maine is reporting people in southern Maine felt the quake. I'm pretty far north though, so I didn't feel anything. Good news is it looks like there are no serious injuries or fatalities anywhere.

Rob

ritzbit
08-23-2011, 04:47 PM
I didnt feel it but I know parts of Northern Kentucky felt it near where I live and I know it was shaking the buildings in Cincinnati.

running girl
08-23-2011, 05:14 PM
I'm in waterloo, ontario and lots of folks around me felt it but I didn't.

Nonna
08-23-2011, 06:03 PM
It was felt here in Atlanta, I just thought it was my muscle spasms shaking my body.......
Tees Heeee

My friend in Virginia posted on facebook need to check on relatives though
Watch out for the aftershocks

lovedbyHim
08-23-2011, 10:51 PM
Everyone I know felt it in PA. I was driving and didn't feel it, but my kids all called telling me their experience with it. Sheesh, things sure are changing. Now we prepare for the hurricane up the east coast.

debbie-b
08-24-2011, 03:38 AM
Here in western NY, people say they felt it, I didn't. Which is ok with me, I have lived near San Francisco for two years, I've had all the earthquakes I will ever need.

Debbie

rob
08-24-2011, 08:53 AM
Here in western NY, people say they felt it, I didn't. Which is ok with me, I have lived near San Francisco for two years, I've had all the earthquakes I will ever need.

Debbie

I know what you mean, I was born there. I lived just across the bay in El Cerrito, and one of my earliest memories is of the ornaments on our Christmas tree swaying and falling off during a mild quake. Not fun.

I'm glad nobody was hurt yesterday. Looks like property damage is the big problem. News was saying that there's a pretty big crack in the Washington Monument down in D.C., and that it's closed until they can figure out how bad it is.

Rob