View Full Version : Frustrated.....

Kristy Lane
08-22-2011, 05:51 AM
Hello Everyone....my name is Kristy and this is my first time posting to this site.
In January 2003 I was diagnosed with Hashimotos disease. Since having my children in 04 and 06 I have noticed other symptoms that have slowly gotten worse. I frequently get numbness and tingling in my arms, hands,legs and feet. At first, my MD thought I had MS and those tests came back negative. I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia.

For the last several years my ANA results have been 1:640, speckled pattern...all other tests always came back negative.....that is until recently.....my CH50 came back at 60....my C3 is 131, C4 is 26. Also, the RDW portion of my CBC came back as high at 15.3.

Along with the numbness and tingling, my other symptoms are fatigue, muscle aches, extreme tenderness when touched, joint pain, irriatability, and occasional muscle twitching and nausea.

I also have bludging disks in my neck and lower back with spinal stenosis in both areas.

Can anyone please shed some light.....I have rely alot on my chiropractor for information.....he has looked into my situation and checked his resources and he feels that I Lupus.

Any suggestions what I should do next?

08-22-2011, 06:02 AM
hi kristy,
and welcome.

my only suggestion is to see a rhuematologist.

that is the person who diagnosed me, and diagnosed lots of others on this site.

08-22-2011, 06:21 AM
Hi Kristy,

Welcome to WHL.
I have to agree with Steve, the best way to find out what is going on, is to see a rheumatologist. He will order an extensive bloodtest.


08-22-2011, 09:12 AM
Yep, I agree. See a Rheumotologist. They are the proper specialist for making a Lupus diagnosis, or for ruling out Lupus.


08-22-2011, 03:00 PM
Hi Kristy Lane!
Welcome to the forum :)
We were all pretty frustrated when we first came here, especially if we were still going through the process of being diagnosed.
I agree with what everyone above me has said : check in with a rheumatologist. A rheumy is someone who specializes in connective tissue and joints. So even if you don't have lupus, a rheumy can still help you as far as that goes. They tend to have more knowledge of AI diseases as well, since most AI diseases affect the joints.

Best of luck to you, i hope you're feeling less frustrated soon. Sorry i can't help more, but I mainly just wanted to give you a welcome :)

08-22-2011, 05:41 PM
Hi Kristy welcome to our family. I have Hoshimotos & fibromyalgia too. I also have lupus. Basically what you need to do is get to a rheumatologist and keep record of all your diagnoses, lab work, symptoms, etc. Notice when the symptoms occur, take pictures of rashes that come and go, etc. Yes your symptoms sound familiar to mine but many other autoammune diseases can mimic it, so try to find a good rheumy in your area. Read all you can and go to the appointment armed with what you know happens to your body. Bless you on your journey