PDA

View Full Version : First Day

ritzbit
08-21-2011, 05:43 PM
I'm both nervous and excited for my first day of college tomorrow! I'm more worried about walking around than anything else. I'm really sore still but hoping that maybe some sleep is all I need! I will see =) I hope it goes well and I figure out my Italian class I still dont have. I'll let you all know how it goes!

Elo
08-21-2011, 06:19 PM
Hey!! Well good luck :D I hope it goes well for you (: I still think that if you really have trouble, you should get a little scooter (like this (http://platinumgalleria.com/razor-electric-scooter-e300.jpg) )

to possibly help you get around. You could probably even get a little electric one too, haha. Still, depends on the grounds and how you feel, i suppose.
Fingers crossed that everything goes great! Keep us posted.

sharpiessave
08-21-2011, 06:56 PM
Ritz, I'm both excited for you and in awe of you. I've often thought that there is no way I could tackle college in the state I'm in now. Your hardcore points are stacking up high dude. College. . .man, those were awesome times. Do you ever have that feeling, when you learn something brand new, like your brain is actually swelling? That probably sounds ridiculous, but I can remember my whole world view being challenged in ways so outstanding that my thoughts demanded more brain space, and it felt like my head was opening up to absorb all the new info. We talk a lot about distraction here, and I think school is by far one of the best.

Best advice I ever got about going to college: Make friends with the international kids.

Good luck my friend. This is gunna be a hell of a ride. : )

tgal
08-21-2011, 08:17 PM
It is going to be WONDERFUL Ritz! Try to find something good on your way to each class. If you find the joy (a pretty tree, a fun looking couple) it leaves less time to think about how you feel.

I am really proud of you! You know we expect an update I am sure!

magistramarla
08-21-2011, 09:31 PM
Hi Ritz,
I agree with Elo - don't be shy about using an electric scooter if you need it. Are you able to ride a bike? Could that help?
As Sharpie said, the college years are AWESOME. I know what she means about feeling your mind growing and changing. I think that the most important thing about my education was that I learned how to think for myself. Be open to new ideas and seek out every chance to learn.
I also agree with her about befriending the international students. We did that, and we were invited to some awesome parties and got the chance to try some very interesting foods. That was when I learned to make a home made apple pie, and I was popular at those parties for bringing my "American food".
Enjoy your first week!
Hugs,
Marla

ritzbit
08-22-2011, 10:38 AM
I got around pretty well and was only late for one class lol only by a few min. My classes are all so easyyyy. I feel like Im going to lose interest lol hopefully not. I just dont see how these dumb classes are going to hold my attention lol

debbie-b
08-22-2011, 11:38 AM
I got around pretty well and was only late for one class lol only by a few min. My classes are all so easyyyy. I feel like Im going to lose interest lol hopefully not. I just dont see how these dumb classes are going to hold my attention lol

See, all the worry for nothing.
But don't worry, I am the same way, I worry myself sick over something and than I find out, it was a piece of cake.
Good luck with your classes and I am sure they will not stay this easy.

Debbie

ritzbit
08-22-2011, 11:44 AM
I have been awkwardly sitting by myself for almost 2 hours....Im not very socialable. My friend was supposed to meet up with me butttt she's not getting back in touch with me.

rob
08-22-2011, 12:47 PM
I have been awkwardly sitting by myself for almost 2 hours....Im not very socialable. My friend was supposed to meet up with me butttt she's not getting back in touch with me.

Hi Ritz,

I was quite a bit younger than most of the people who I went to college with, and at first I felt completely out of place, and totally awkward. But, it didn't take long to meet some really great people, and make some good friends. Friends who I am still in touch with today.

I think you'll find college to be a setting that is far more open minded, and unlike high school, it's a place where being yourself is accepted, and where originality is a trait that is respected by others. Just be yourself, and you'll do fine.

College can be incredibly liberating. It was for me. My college days and the friends that I made, are among some of my fondest memories.

Rob

sharpiessave
08-22-2011, 01:23 PM
Hey lady, Happy 1000th post! Many milestones today. : )

ritzbit
08-22-2011, 01:41 PM
I saw that too! lol Lion King was my favorite movie when I was little lol I AM SIMBA HEAR ME ROAR!

rob
08-22-2011, 01:49 PM
I saw that too! lol Lion King was my favorite movie when I was little lol I AM SIMBA HEAR ME ROAR!

And now, it's 1001! pretty cool!

ritzbit
08-23-2011, 05:08 AM
Have a feeling the second day isn't going to go as well. Im very tired. I hope I just make it to school at this point.

Gizmo
08-23-2011, 10:08 PM
Have a feeling the second day isn't going to go as well. Im very tired. I hope I just make it to school at this point.

You don't have to do it all to be successful, Ritz. Part time is cool. Choosing the activities that sound like the most fun is a wise move for any college student. An electric scooter or power chair might give you a whole lot more freedom and help you do the things that are most important to you. My daughter found having a chair made her more active, and that people were more accepting of her being in a chair than her limping slowly from class to class. It allows her to save her joints and energy. Just a thought.

ritzbit
08-24-2011, 06:45 PM
UPDATE:

I LOVE COLLEGE lol

magistramarla
08-24-2011, 09:04 PM
UPDATE:

I LOVE COLLEGE lol

LOL - We told you so!

ritzbit
08-25-2011, 04:42 AM
I found a random group of people on facebook that were planning a game of apples to apples. My day was a success lol I met this girl who lives right up the street from me and is a nursing major. And she might have a babysitting job for me, her aunt! lol Soooo now that I know a few people I feel better.

steve.b
08-25-2011, 06:44 AM
i am happy for you.
friends and money.

throw in icecream......
what more could a girl want?

ritzbit
08-25-2011, 09:20 AM
throw in icecream......
what more could a girl want?

Lol thats what Im saying. Maybe I'll get some ice cream today!