PDA

View Full Version : Woke up in pain

ritzbit
08-21-2011, 08:49 AM
I woke up today with a very painful throat and severe pain at the bottom of my ribs. Its not a sore throat like when you get sick with strep;it doesnt hurt to swollow or anything. Lymph nodes maybe? I dont know what to think but it literally hurts to move at all. I often feel sore or uncomfortable but this is straight up PAIN. Im trying to sit still so it doesnt hurt. I dont want anyone to know. It started when I was at my boyfriends last night. I've been getting really bad headaches the past week and last night we were trying to watch a movie but my head was hurting too bad. I had already taken 2 Mobic and decided I needed more than just that so I took my last Tramadol after a few hours. Before then my throat had started hurting a little. I kept saying it felt swollen and he said I felt really hot, when normally Im like an ice cube. We got a fan out in his room but it wasnt helping much. Sitting up and sipping on some Pepsi helped my head a little bit. But my throat still hurt. I figured it'd be better in the morning but that painful swollen feeling in my throat is now in parts of my arms, under my ribs, and the tops of my legs. I was literally just saying last night how I had actually been feeling really good aside from my headaches lately. I can even lay with my leg straight up in the air without it being bent (thats a huge improvement over the past few months) and now all this today. This feeling brings all new meaning to feeling like I've been run over by a train.

lovedbyHim
08-21-2011, 09:29 AM
Hi Ritz, I get muscle and lymph pain in my neck with the headaches. You have been playing pretty hard lately, maybe it caught up with you. I don't know about you, but sometimes it's worth it! You are young and I believe life is for the living, with or without lupus. I do things that many of my well Friends wouldn't do, but I don't want to wake up an old woman saying, " Gosh I wish I had played more." I'm not supposed to have salt, but after my hike I had a large Wendys frenchfry! That Slip and Slide must have been a blast! The UV was probably doing its dirty deed, and now you are suffering. But no matter what the lupus brings today, you really lived it up the other day. Lol. Some may not agree with this thinking, but its my belief. If it continues you might want to call the doc. They may need to bump the steroids to kick it out. Keep us posted Hun.

ritzbit
08-21-2011, 09:50 AM
I took an extra medrol this morning. I figure just today being on 4mg more wont hurt right? Hoping it'll help with the obvious inflammation. I dont know what Im going to do when school starts tomorrow because all my classes are 10 min apart! I cant hobble around that fast, especially when Im not feeling good lol hopefully it'll be better tomorrow morning. With college starting I refuse to let everything go by. Im not going to avoid doing fun things because they might take more of a toll on me than most. I had a lot of fun yesterday. I plan on spending most of my week on campus this week. It'd be a waste of gas to go back home after my classes then come back later for the fun stuff.lol

lovedbyHim
08-21-2011, 10:00 AM
Oh I hope you laugh endlessly and make a lot of new friends. Hey if you need accomodations at school to arrive late for classes, call your school counselor and get doc to say you need the extra time due to a disability. Good luck Hun. Oh how much fun I used to have with the kids at school!

ritzbit
08-21-2011, 11:41 AM
I kind of forgot that I beat my body up a little on the slip n slide yesterday which probably accounts for most of my soreness lol Hopefully anyway. I went down on my belly which is probably why it feels like I have bruised ribs or something lol and my neck probably hurts because I went down on my butt and my head flung back and hit the ground. I always think "lupus" everytime I hurt and worry myself when I probably dont need to. I forgot I hurt myself a little yesterday because at the time it wasnt too bad. Silly me lol

magistramarla
08-21-2011, 09:10 PM
Hey Ritz,
I hope that you have a wonderful time at college this week, but please remember to pace yourself.
Take time to rest when you need it. Don't drive yourself into a really bad flare.
Take care.
Hugs,
Marla