PDA

View Full Version : Could this be Lupus?

Chrisilis
08-20-2011, 03:09 AM
My 28 year old son has been having several symptoms lately unexplained bruising which start off as red marks which turn to a bruise. A large one appeared on his hand suddenly then it became very swollen and tender. He has pains in his arms and legs and sometimes gets pressure pain behind his eyes. In the last 18 months he has had quite a few infections and 2 months ago he had a really bad headache with flashing lights and collapsed.Doctor dismissing these things and actually thought he had hit his hand with a hammer!Any advice please?

lovedbyHim
08-20-2011, 03:39 AM
Hello there welcome to our forum. I'm sorry your don's symptoms are being negated. when I was having chest pain they blamed it on depression. when I had extreme fatigue they blamed it on Menapause. I don't get the bruising unless I am on nsaids. I do get pain in muscles, but when in a flair, it's the joints that hurt and swell. I think if it were me and my son son bruising like that I would try to see a hemotologist, to see is he has something going on with his blood. Lupus does attack our blood vessels and alters our blood. Please don't lose hope. Most of us have been humiliated and mistreated by docs. I presently havE a great team, but ER vists are still horrible.

steve.b
08-20-2011, 04:11 AM
sorry, i cannot offer advice.

but i am writing to let you know i am here, and i have 2 ears, but only 1 mouth.
i am listenning.