PDA

View Full Version : My Friend Passed Away

red246
08-19-2011, 06:38 AM
Just found out that a dear sweet lady at our church passed away early this morning. She had Lupus. She was recently in the hospital, but had started doing better, went for rehab, and then came home. I'm in shock, I just can't believe it. Please keep her family in your thoughts and prayers. Her name was Lee.

chikititalinda
08-19-2011, 07:46 AM
Oh wow I'm so sorry, it's always horrible to hear someone has passed away but somehow even more sad when you know that person had lupus.
Thoughts and prayers with you, and her family.

rob
08-19-2011, 09:05 AM
Lauren,

It really hits close to home for all of us when a person with Lupus loses the battle.

And to have it happen so suddenly after showing such improvement and getting out of the hospital.

Lee sounded like a real fighter. I'm sorry you lost your friend.

Rob

Bonita
08-19-2011, 09:09 AM
I am so sorry for your sadness and that this lady had lupus. Love and prayers to you and her family Bonita

tgal
08-19-2011, 01:02 PM
We can say over and over that Lupus is not a death sentence and that, as long as we take our meds and follow doctors orders, it is rare for us to die from Lupus. Stories like this bring home that rare doe not mean never. We don't know if this person took her meds as described but what we see is that Lupus got the upper hand. My heart hurts for you and the family that lost someone close by this disease. I hate Lupus and wish I was close enough to wrap my arms around you.

I am so sorry for your loss

Nonna
08-19-2011, 05:13 PM
My prayers and thoughts are with you and her family. Hugs

lovedbyHim
08-19-2011, 05:33 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this news. It always hurts us all to know that the possibility is there for any of us. May we all honor this woman by living our life to fullest until we are no able to fight so hard.

mdawncooper
08-19-2011, 06:02 PM
So sorry to hear of the loss of this dear friend. Our prayers will go out to her family.

Gizmo
08-19-2011, 07:42 PM
I lost a friend to rheumatoid arthritis last year - I had no idea it could shorten a person's life. My thoughts are with you and the family of your friend. Let's all take our meds and stay out of the sun in her memory this weekend.

red246
08-19-2011, 10:53 PM
Thank you all! The only meds that I know for sure that she was on were Plaquenil & 5 mg of Prednisone. She couldn't go above that on the Pred because of the horrible side effects it gave her. I know at one point she was talking about the possibility of starting Methotrexate, but I don't know if she did.

Saysusie
08-20-2011, 01:26 AM
I am so sorry to hear of this loss. It is so sad to hear of someone losing the battle to Lupus. I pray that her family is finding strength and comfort and I hope that you are able to find some peace and comfort also.
Keeping you and her family in my prayers.

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

debbie-b
08-20-2011, 03:18 PM
I am sorry that you lost your friend.
Like Susie said, it is hard for us to hear that somebody lost the battle with Lupus.
My thoughts are with you and her family.

Debbie

lacey50
08-20-2011, 04:23 PM
It is so sad to hear this news. My thoughts are with you and her family. Hugs!

Elo
08-21-2011, 08:36 PM
Hi there red...i'm really sorry to hear about your friend. It is definitely a bitter pill to swallow, and perhaps even more so because she had Lupus :/
I will be thinking of you both through this time.

magistramarla
08-21-2011, 09:20 PM
Hi Red,
I'm also sorry to hear about your friend. I'll keep you and her in my thoughts.
Hugs,
Marla

Oluwa
08-22-2011, 10:37 AM
Red, uplifting you and her family in prayer...hugs...Love, O.

kim,l
08-22-2011, 03:52 PM
dear red i am sorry for you loss many hugs

red246
08-23-2011, 04:38 AM
We went to the viewing last night. It was so odd. Such a mix of people. I was talking w/her sister before we left and you could tell she is upset, but she is also happy to know that her sister is at peace. I think she was more upset by the "setting" of the viewing. Everyone upset, wearing all black, no music whatsoever, etc..she said that when she dies she wants her viewing/funeral to be a celebration w/lots of bright colors & praise/worship music being played! She's quite the character!