PDA

View Full Version : Been missing for a while

giggle
08-17-2011, 05:06 AM
I havent had the focus to join in on the forum in some time now and I feel like I have been missing all of your stories : (
This makes me pretty sad, I try to play catch ups but it doesnt quite work that way.

Next week I go to my neuro appointment so lets hope that it begins some sort of treatment to make me more me again.

I just wanted to ask... today I had a blood test of something like 12 vials... it was a heck of a lot of blood anyway. When I got home I noticed my arm was covered in those tiny pin prick blood spots... i forget what someone on here called them. There is more than 50 of them all over the underside of my arm. Anyone got ideas? too foggy to search, feel like i should be in a hospital bed sleeping half the day and not worryig any thing.
The more i use my brain the harder it is. Sucks.

Anyway, I just hope you guys know i want to be here, btu its reall really hard for me at the moment.

I miss you guys as much as i miss my brain <3

steve.b
08-17-2011, 06:32 AM
(((hugs)))

red246
08-17-2011, 06:34 AM
Hey, sorry to hear you're not doing so hot! I can't think of the name of what you're talking about, petachia (?), I know someone will be along to answer it correctly. I've never heard of having blood drawn causing it though. I understand about the tonz of blood being drawn. The first time I went to the hematologist - before they figured out what was wrong w/me - they took like 18 vials - all different sizes. It took forever cuz my blood was so thick that day, thought I'd pass out by the time they got done!
I don't get on much, so I can't remember - are you on any meds currently? I know last year I was doing really bad and I didn't think I'd ever get my brain back. Therre are still times were I can't think as great as I used to, but for the most part I'm thinking clearly again.
Sending you tonz of (((hugs))) and hoping you get some help at the neuro!

Gizmo
08-17-2011, 08:58 AM
Did you have your blood pressure taken on that arm? If it is petechiae, sometimes it can be caused by friction or something tight on the skin. Maybe even the tourniquet they used to draw your blood? I used to get them from carrying a heavy backpack.

Elo
08-17-2011, 09:55 AM
Hi giggle!

Good luck on your neuro appointment! I hope it helps too (:
It's okay, we understand how hard it can be sometimes, to do even the simplest things you want to do, like being on this forum.
Feel better soon!

lovedbyHim
08-17-2011, 03:17 PM
Hi giggle, sorry I can't remember the name of the rash. I pray your neurology appt goes well. Yes I get tone of blood taken too. Drink lots to build more(grin). Missed you dear.

giggle
08-17-2011, 09:41 PM
Thats what they are called! Thank you, I think you are right Gizmo, must be because the tourniquet was on too tight.
Thanks for the well wishes, really hope I get some sort of resolution, im so over it.

I've been eating and drinking too much! LOL Im so fat :(