PDA

View Full Version : Bronchitis, AGAIN!!!!

chikititalinda
08-16-2011, 07:22 AM
Im so sick of this darn bronchitis, I get it at least twice a year. I sound like a seal, just hack hack hack! The worst part about it is I'm working when I feel like I should be home in bed resting. I know thats where I should be, BUT, im trying to save what little time I have for "if" and "when" I get worse. I havent seen my PCP yet, don't even know if I will. I've had this darn thing so many times I know what it is. I found some antibiotics from last year that haven't expired yet and started taking those along with some mucinex to help break everything up.
Any suggestions as to what else may make me feel better?

debbie-b
08-16-2011, 12:36 PM
Sorry you have this d..n bronchitis again.
I used to get it twice a year as well, but now it has been two yeras since I've had it.
I had to work with it as well. My doc gave me this cough syrup, it's called Tussi.... something. It really helped with the coughing, but I couldn't take it at work, because it knocked me out.
I realle feel for you. Get better soon.

Debbie

red246
08-16-2011, 06:38 PM
Sorry to hear you've got Bronchitis! I usually get it twice a year also, spring & fall! UGH! Hope you get to feeling better soon!

Elo
08-16-2011, 07:03 PM
Well that sucks.
I hope you feel better soon!

steve.b
08-16-2011, 08:45 PM
i used to have the same thing.
last year i had a sinus operation.
it has stopped the problem for a while.

make sure you take antibiotics. it will break down the infection.
i also found liquid olive leaf extract works well.
it stops the sore thoat.
it tastes bad but works great.

lovedbyHim
08-17-2011, 12:24 AM
I user to get it a lot too. Lately asthma has been acting up. I use inhalers when it gets had enough. Mucinex makes me cough so bad I feel like a lung is going to fly out. Lol. I like Robatussin DM. Check with pharmacy for drug interactions and see if they recommend any over the counter syrup to suppress the cough a bit. My doc gives me codine cough syrup if it won't let up. Hope you feel better Hun. Sleep, lots of water, chicken soup, truly work.

Morpheus
08-17-2011, 05:52 AM
Im currently suffereing from bronchitis as well, its been two week! thankfully it started clearing up :) ANd having ashma to boot does nt help me at all!! i feel your frustrations.

chikititalinda
08-17-2011, 09:50 AM
Thanks! I feel horrible! I tried calling my PCP and his phone was messed up, then I called my rheumy hoping she would call me back, again no luck. It was three in the morning and I couldnt sleep. Needless to say I was super late getting into work this morning. I should of just stayed home : (

Nonna
08-17-2011, 05:13 PM
Try and get rest. My six month bout ended with pneumonia last month. I'm finally doing better. Still coughing but not as bad.

Good luck and hugs

tgal
08-18-2011, 09:22 AM
So sorry that you you are dealing with this again. Please remember that those of us with AI diseases don't have the luxury of guessing what is wrong and self medicating (not jumping on you... this is as much for me as anyone else). Any illness that triggers our immune system can turn into something really bad. I know it is frustrating but you really need to get some meds for this.

As I said not jumping on you, I just worry

tgal
08-18-2011, 09:23 AM
Sorry to hear you've got Bronchitis! I usually get it twice a year also, spring & fall! UGH! Hope you get to feeling better soon!

*doing the happy dance because red starting posting again*

chikititalinda
08-18-2011, 10:09 AM
I know Tgal, thanks for worrying. Its just so hard to take time off work as I have soooo many freaking appointments and so little time off