PDA

View Full Version : Email from Linda

tgal
08-14-2011, 08:33 AM
Below you will find an email from Linda. She asked that I go ahead and share this with her friends at WHL. Linda needs whatever good thoughts, prayers, crossed fingers you can give.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ______________________________

I have only managed to get on the Internet for a few minutes. I am still in hospital, they are doing heaps of tests. Guess what they did find though, I had an MRI and they have actually found that I have a brain. I was getting a bit worried though, because as you know, my brain has been going a bit weird lately.

I am resting up - they won't let me do ANYTHING!. Just lay in bed and read novels, so in a way it is a forced rest for me. They have found out that I was malnourished, even though I have been eating a HUGE amuont of food. My weight has been stable for the last few days, so the extra suppliment drinks they have been giving me are working. I really wasn't looking forward to having a tube shoved up my nose. I am not worried about what thHi.

Will you please update everyone about how I am going, including my friends on WHL. Thanks for keeping in contact with me.

I have only managed to get on the Internet for a few minutes. I am still in hospital, they are doing heaps of tests. Guess what they did find though, I had an MRI and they have actually found that I have a brain. I was getting a bit worried though, because as you know, my brain has been going a bit weird lately.

I am resting up - they won't let me do ANYTHING!. Just lay in bed and read novels, so in a way it is a forced rest for me. They have found out that I was malnourished, even though I have been eating a HUGE amout of food. My weight has been stable for the last few days, so the extra supplement drinks they have been giving me are working. I really wasn't looking forward to having a tube shoved up my nose. I am not worried about what the doctors do to me, what they find out, or what treatment they decide to do because it is out of my hands. I just do as I am told. I have no idea when I will be out of hospital, they won't let me go until they find out what is wrong with me.

Please give my love to everyone, and tell them all not to worry about me, I am in good hands and still happy. As soon as I get out of hospital, or somehow get a chance to find Internet access I will update you all. What I thought was going to be just a few days in hospital will probably be more like a few weeks in hospital, or, more. But At least they are working hard to stop the progress of whatever is happening ot my muscles, and everyhting else.

Keep smiling everyone, do some fun things, and most importantly, enjoy your life.

Lindae doctors do to me, what they find out, or what treatement they decide to do because it is out of my hands. I just do as I am told. I have no idea when I will be out of hospital, they won't let me go until they find out what is wrong with me.

Please giv emy love to everyone, and tell them all not to worry about my, I am in good hands and still happy. As soon as I get out of hospital, or somehow get a chance to find Internet access I will update you all. What I thought was going to be just a few days in hospital will probably be more like a few weeks in hospital, or, more. But At least they are working hard to stop the progress of whatever is happening ot my muscles, and everyhting else.

Keep smiling everyone, do some fun things, and most importantly, enjoy your life.

Linda

tgal
08-14-2011, 03:39 PM
OK Ladies and Gentlemen,

As you can tell Linda is very ill and going to be in the hospital for quite awhile. Merrilyn and I have been talking about what we could do for her. I think Merrilyn will stop in with a wonderful idea of hers and I am going to get your thoughts on another.

A year of more ago Linda gave me her daughters email so I could check on her during another hospital thing. That got me to thinking. Since Linda doesn't have much internet access what if we start a thread of Notes to Linda and then send her daughter the page so she can print it out and take them to her in the hospital. What do ya'll think? Ideas?

We say we are a family and even as far apart as we are I feel like we need to show it. She needs all of us so any ideas let's put them here!

lovedbyHim
08-14-2011, 05:23 PM
Mari, I love it. I will be watching to add my words to encourage Linda. Thanks

magistramarla
08-14-2011, 06:25 PM
Mari,
Thanks for posting this for all to see. I have been wondering how Linda was doing.
Like Tammy, I'll watch for the thread to send her some notes from all of us.
Hugs,
Marla

Merrilyn OZ
08-14-2011, 08:22 PM
Hi everyone

As Mari mentioned I've had an idea and am sending Linda flowers from all the WHL family

I spoke to her husband last night and all though they have no diagnosis at all Linda is still her cheerful self and has actually gained a little weight.

Please add to Mari's list of Notes for Linda as I'm sure they'll cheer her up greatly

I will drop in with updates as I get them

Hugs to all

tgal
08-14-2011, 08:33 PM
You are wonderful Merrilyn... Thank you so much for doing this. I know we can't send flowers and such every time one of us in the hospital (because it happens way too much) but I think there should be a rule if someone is in there 2 weeks or more we need to do something. (that means if you are one that is in the hospital for two weeks you have to let us know!)

Once again I just have to say how proud I am to be a part of this place. It really does feel like a family

PS The "Notes to Linda" thread is up and I have emailed her daughter telling her what we are doing.

tgal
08-15-2011, 09:57 PM
Well so much for a surprise for Linda! I had sent her daughter an email asking her if it would be OK to send a copy of "Notes to Linda" to her to print out and take to Linda in the hospital. Guess what I just received? Yes, a reply message from her daughters account that begins "Guess Who" LOL Anyway, the note was short because she was using her daughters phone phone and she "hates using phone email" LOL Now let me pass on the info.

Linda is doing well and her weight loss has stopped (thankfully) and she may get a "day leave" this weekend and she promises to stop by here if she does. She did ask that I give her love to everyone here. They are still running tests on her and I didn't want to ask too many questions since she has an issue with phones so I guess we will get more more information this weekend

So go ahead and keep the notes coming because she will be here this weekend.

kim,l
08-15-2011, 11:19 PM
thankyou for letting us know how linda is i have been worried think your ideas are wonderful and would love to do what ever i can to help many hugs to linda kim l

debbie-b
08-16-2011, 12:44 PM
Hi Linda,

Hurry up and get well enough to join us here on WHL.
We miss you.

Debbie