PDA

View Full Version : Question??

Tracyl50
08-13-2011, 04:52 PM
the other day my one finger was locking up, and i couldn't move it , . i had rub it to get it to move again.. and it was really sore after ... does this happen to anyone?? also about three weeks ago vein broke in my foot. i never had this happen before .. i thought is was from lupus. but my dr said its not lupus. has anyone with lupus have veins break on them?? if its not lupus then what is it..

Gizmo
08-13-2011, 05:11 PM
I have known several people without lupus who have fingers lock up - I believe the lay term is "trigger finger." Usually they have surgery to release a tendon. I get broken veins in my fingers sometimes and it hurts like heck for a little while, then goes away. I think it is not an uncommon thing to have happen, my Mom and hubby don't have lupus and they've had the same thing.

abbasgirl
08-15-2011, 02:43 PM
Haven't experienced a lock up but once, however, it was all my fingers and I was hyperventilating.

I've had capillaries and veins break too. It often smarts somethin' fierce! My rheumy says it's common for lupies to experience that. I think it's called vasculitis?

debbie-b
08-16-2011, 12:53 PM
Besides Lupus, I also have RA and my fingers hurt every day. Mine don't lock up, they feel like they are half way dislocated, kind of out of joint and I have to mess with them and they go back into the joint.
My rheumy thought it was trigger finger as well, but found it not to be true.
I have alot of hard nodules on my finger joints and they make my joints pop out of place. They are starting to be crooked. Typical Ra fingers in my case.
Hope that is not the problem you have. It hurts like heck.

Debbie

panda_lupo
08-16-2011, 03:31 PM
Hey!

I have my fingers lock up on me a lot. I always have to crack them and rub them to get them moving again. Painful process but it works for me =) Sore for a couple days afterwards. I told my doctor about it and he seemed a little skeptic when I told him that cracking them helps haha

Tracyl50
08-16-2011, 05:33 PM
i don't why all of a sudden this is happing to me.. but my Dr doesn't see concerned about it.. so I'm going to go to my MD and see what she thinks.. i think its from the lupus or fibro..strange...