PDA

View Full Version : Hello WHL Family

abbasgirl
08-13-2011, 02:52 PM
Remember me? If you don't it's no wonder. I've been gone a long time. Too long! My eyes had some heavy damage and for a while I had to avoid anything that makes them drier including time on the computer. For quite some time it was very very limited. Still not out of the woods yet and have to really baby my eyes, but I've got a really great doctor and the healing is wonderfully progressive. Flares still come and go but I'm able to push through most and when that happened I got busier...and loving it! I've been living life as full as a lupie can. I've thought about you all and kept you all in my prayers. Some of you I have kept in touch somewhat through facebook, but I stink at keeping up with that too. I'm sorry about that. I've got a lot of catching up to do! I hope all my old pals are here. I've missed my WHL family! (((Hugs))) I came here years ago in a daze and so many here held my hand and helped me understand so much about autoimmune disease and that there is so much hope. Mountaindreamer literally held my hand, bless her heart! I can't tell you all how many times I found encouragement here. I've missed this sweet little family a lot!

With much love and apppreciation,
Abbasgirl, aka Leslie

tgal
08-13-2011, 03:20 PM
Remember me? If you don't it's no wonder. I've been gone a long time. Too long! My eyes had some heavy damage and for a while I had to avoid anything that makes them drier including time on the computer. For quite some time it was very very limited. Still not out of the woods yet and have to really baby my eyes, but I've got a really great doctor and the healing is wonderfully progressive. Flares still come and go but I'm able to push through most and when that happened I got busier...and loving it! I've been living life as full as a lupie can. I've thought about you all and kept you all in my prayers. Some of you I have kept in touch somewhat through facebook, but I stink at keeping up with that too. I'm sorry about that. I've got a lot of catching up to do! I hope all my old pals are here. I've missed my WHL family! (((Hugs))) I came here years ago in a daze and so many here held my hand and helped me understand so much about autoimmune disease and that there is so much hope. Mountaindreamer literally held my hand, bless her heart! I can't tell you all how many times I found encouragement here. I've missed this sweet little family a lot!

With much love and apppreciation,
Abbasgirl, aka Leslie

yay!!! Welcome back! We have missed you. I am so glad that you are feeling better. It is always nice to see old faces come home

abbasgirl
08-13-2011, 03:31 PM
Hi Tgal! It's so good to see you and good to be back home. ((Hugs))

Elo
08-13-2011, 04:22 PM
Hi abbasgirl/Leslie!
I don't remember you. But, don't worry, that's because we've never met, not because you're forgettable! (:
As you can see, i only joined a month or so ago. So HI! Welcome back! :D I've noticed a few of your posts around here today, and I can tell it'll be wonderful to have you back (:
I'm glad to hear that you're recovering, even slowly, and I hope your eyes will be back to (relatively) normal, soon. Good to hear you've been being busy and happy whilst living with Lupus.
Oh, I'm Elo by the way. Yep, my name is my name. How original, huh? :P
Nice to meet you!

debbie-b
08-13-2011, 07:21 PM
Hi Leslie,

Welcome back.
I am sorry you are having problems with your eyes.
I am so glad you are back.

Debbie

Nonna
08-13-2011, 07:31 PM
Hi Leslie, me again. Now if we can just catch Phyllis we can have a family Reunion. Sorry to hear about youreyes; mine havebeen troubled also
Hugs Again

magistramarla
08-13-2011, 09:02 PM
Hi Leslie,
I remember you well, and I'm so very glad to see you here again.
I just posted not long ago that I really miss some of our family members who have disappeared.
I hate it when we don't hear from them - I'm a mother hen and I worry about them.

I'm glad that you're getting good treatment. Keep getting better and keep coming back.
Hugs,
Marla

lovedbyHim
08-14-2011, 12:47 AM
Hi Leslie, I don't remember you but its nice to meet you. I sure hope your eyes don't act up again. I have q mild form of dry eyes and its tolerable. I can't imagine if they got worse. Good luck to you.

steve.b
08-15-2011, 12:34 AM
hi leslie.

abbasgirl
08-15-2011, 01:35 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome back. It's good to be back and see familiar faces too and nice to meet the new ones.

Hi Steve, LovedbyHim, and Elo. It's nice to meet you all. Elo, I like that name.

Hello Debbie and Marla! I've missed you! I look forward to getting caught up with how you're doing.

Marla, quid agis hodie?

Nonna, I've missed you dear friend! Sorry to hear your eyes have been acting up also.

magistramarla
08-15-2011, 09:15 PM
Euge!
Salve amica mea. Ago bene hodie. Et tu?
Vale,
MagistraMarla

Angel Oliver
08-16-2011, 05:49 AM
Bonjour my friend,
So glad to see you here....you have been missed.
Lots of love
Amanda.xxxxx

p.s lol think Bonjour is all i know for now.xxxxx lol

abbasgirl
08-18-2011, 08:47 PM
Euge!
Salve amica mea. Ago bene hodie. Et tu?
Vale,
MagistraMarla

I had to google translate some of that. *wink*

I was sad to read the post about your fall my friend.

abbasgirl
08-18-2011, 08:51 PM
Amanda, it's always good to see you my friend! Every time I hear or see a helicopter I think of you. I always look to see if it's pink and silver too. I've said it enough I guess that now, if my daughter is around, she'll ask "Is that Amanda?" and we always grin :) I believe in dreams come true!

magistramarla
08-18-2011, 09:20 PM
Leslie,
LOL - You made the Latin teacher in me come out.
I fall on a regular basis - that was just one of my more spectacular ones. Most are like the one I took today - just a fast landing on my most padded part.
I hope you're having a good week.
Hugs,
Marla

abbasgirl
08-18-2011, 09:34 PM
I can remember some latin from a basic medical terminology class years ago and my kids learned some latin to help improve vocabulary many years ago. Boy, did they hate that, but I loved it!

Your poor padded parts. (((Hugs))) Do you think the new neurologist in town will be of any help?

magistramarla
08-18-2011, 09:40 PM
I might try talking to him, but I know that he will want a new MRI and I can't afford the $300 out-of-pocket expense. We just got the bill for our part of Jeff's surgery - $665. At least the insurance paid the rest of the $15,000 - whew!! Yesterday, our renter called to let us know that the air conditioner on the house in Texas died. We had to cash in some retirement funds to pay for a replacement.
We're better off than a lot of folks right now, but every new expense makes life a bit harder.
Hugs,
Marla