PDA

View Full Version : Call Off The Search Party!

Saysusie
08-12-2011, 12:38 PM
Thank you to ALL of you (so many of you) who sent messages inquiring into my well being and asking if I was OK!
I am fine (well as "fine" as I can be) and there have been no health issues keeping me away.
My issues....A DEAD COMPUTER!! I have been without my computer for close to two weeks now and I've felt as if I were kicked out of an airplane into a vast ocean of nothingness. It is amazing how much of our lives are dependent upon our computers and how absolutely lost we are without them!
At any rate, as you can see, I have my computer back and I am back. OMG I have missed all of you and I am so happy to be back home!
So, I am rolling up my sleeves and getting to work to find out what I've missed and how everyone is!
See you around the forums and thank you all for your concern!

Always with wishes for
Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

Elo
08-12-2011, 02:42 PM
Yayyy!!!! It must be good to be back :) It sucks when computers die! I'm glad you've gotten yours fixed and are now back on track, hehe

lovedbyHim
08-12-2011, 02:48 PM
So glad you are back in running order! Call off the search and break out the wine everyone!

Gizmo
08-12-2011, 04:03 PM
My daughter is in Germany without internet and it makes everything so much harder (and expensive with cell phone calls). Glad you are back on the ethernet!

tgal
08-12-2011, 04:17 PM
I am so glad to see you again! We all have our place in here and I can feel it when one of us is missing. It seems to throw our family off balance. I am really happy that it was a computer issue and not a health one.

Welcome back to our wonderful leader. Glad to have you!

steve.b
08-12-2011, 06:24 PM
welcome home MUM

magistramarla
08-12-2011, 09:48 PM
Glad to see you back here, SaySusie!
I was wondering what had happened.
Hugs,
Marla

Angel Oliver
08-13-2011, 02:16 PM
Welcome home and i too have changed my xp and some stranger put windows 7 on for me free but still having a few little problems but they'll be sorted in time,but so kind of him to do it for me.
Hope you are well .Ive had a few deaths,JOhns mum,my friends 3 month old baby and last week my friends mum so been to funerals and then dissablity took everything off me so been worried sick,so not been nline much.But i do keep popping in.
Lots of love n hugs.xxxxxx

Gizmo
08-13-2011, 05:06 PM
Welcome home and i too have changed my xp and some stranger put windows 7 on for me free but still having a few little problems but they'll be sorted in time,but so kind of him to do it for me.
Hope you are well .Ive had a few deaths,JOhns mum,my friends 3 month old baby and last week my friends mum so been to funerals and then dissablity took everything off me so been worried sick,so not been nline much.But i do keep popping in.
Lots of love n hugs.xxxxxx

That is a lot to deal with in a short time, Angel. I hope things start getting better for you. So sorry about all of the deaths. That is really hard, especially if you have to deal with your mother-in-law's estate. Take care of yourself as best you can.

Nonna
08-13-2011, 07:38 PM
Hi to both of you, have missed you both.

There's no place like Home

Saysusie
08-19-2011, 12:15 AM
Thank you everyone. I am still having some computer issues, but things are working on a fairly regular basis.
Angel; I am so sorry to hear that you are going through so much and have had to deal with the loss of so many loved ones. This can be very stressfull and I do hope that you are still finding a way to care for yourself through these back-to-back crisis situations.
I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.
Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

Bonita
08-19-2011, 06:16 AM
Glad to see you back i know how you feel a few weeks ago my hard drive went out and i was without a computer it does seem strange without it. Hope you get all your problems fixed and how are you feeling latley? Love Bonita

Saysusie
08-20-2011, 01:49 AM
I'm beginning to hate the entire concept of computers! Let's go back to correspondance..long hand I mean. Remember when we communicated by writing letters? we did not have spell check or grammartick at our disposal and, as such, we had to exercise our minds in order to put our thoughts to prose or to eloquently express our feelings or describe our surroundings. We affixed a stamp to our envelope and sent the letter on its way. It was then read by the recipient who responded with equally eloquent dissertations. Our handwriting was exquisite and every word was well thought out and presented as a work of art.
Nowadays..we talk in acronyms ..beat out out thoughts on a device that is so fickle and unpredictable that it conjures up the most base behavior in us; we rejoice in the thought of tossing the thing out of a window and driving over it with our cars! We want to commit the most henious and murderous acts upon an inanimate object that virtually runs our lives! We are addicted, subserviant, and completely dependant upon this machine and its ability to span the nothingness between us in a matter of milo-seconds. We are angered if we do not get a response to our queries within a matter of seconds. If we have to wait for more than 30 seconds, we are ready to scream and pull the device out of the socket. And Heaven help us if the damned thing decides not to work. We roam around oblivious to the real world because it does not exist for us outside of the keyboard, the mouse, the tower, and monitor screen. We are completely lost and suddenly feel as if we are no longer useful and can no longer contribute to the well being of ourselves, much less society. We are empty drones, bumping into walls and into each other, with no identity and no purpose in life...why? Because our computers crashed and we are drifting in a black hole without them.
When and how did this happen? Somebody just give me a pen, a piece of paper, an envelope and a stamp! What? An envelope..you know the white paper thing that is folded up, with an open end so that you can put your correspondance in it, seal it, stamp it and send it to a recipient. A stamp? That is a very small, square document that pays the cost of sending our letter to a recipient. It is issued by the Federal government........what? What is a pen? Oh for crying out loud..forget it!!!

Nonna
08-20-2011, 04:11 AM
Woooooo Wwhhhooo Susie! You tell those computers. Sometimes I feel like that too.

But then I remember that patience is a virtue and it's better to accept the changes and challenges Life throws at you.
Hugs

steve.b
08-20-2011, 04:15 AM
i was at a high school internet parents evening the other week.
one of the parents used an analogy i think appropriate:

the internet is like a modern train.
we can stand in front of it and get run over by it.
we can stand back and it will pass us by,
or we can climb on , and go for a ride.

it will keep going with us or with out us,
but we do have a choice about how we handle it.