PDA

View Full Version : Update on my Dr. Appointment

Tracyl50
08-12-2011, 12:16 AM
well i went to see my rheumy yesterday. and he told me to stop working. so i hope I'm doing the right thing. its going to be hard for me. I've been working since i was 14. he told my husband that he can support me ..LOL I'm lucky to have a husband, but its going to really hard cause it does take two incomes today.. but What i don't get, when i tell him whats going on with me, he says it may not be lupus. like the chronic fatigue, the vessel that broke in my foot. and the new one that my finger keeps on locking up on me and cant move it. if its not lupus, what is it then?? he is going to try me on a new med. i forgot the name of it. but he wants me to get a ton of blood work first. so now the battle begins. i will be able to get 6 months of short term disability from my job . after that nothing!! so I'm going to get the papers filled out for S.S.D. is there any trick in getting it right away. should i get a lawyer now? or should i try the 1st time on my own. get turned down then get a lawyer? any advice would be great.. so i felt a a big release come off my shoulders, on the other hand I'm scared cause I'm giving up a great paying job. but there is a lot of stress there. so i guess it comes a time in life, you have to say the money just isn't worth it anymore... ill keep you all posted on my new journey..

Nonna
08-12-2011, 01:55 AM
Can't help you with the SSD, but wanted to give you a cyber hug

lovedbyHim
08-12-2011, 03:01 AM
Hi Tracy, bless your heart. I'm so glad you have a husband and a doc to support you. In PA, I have watched clients apply with and without lawyers equally get denied. Then appeal. It does help to have tons of documentation from doctors and get it to the SSD folks I'm a timely fashion. Lawyers can be good and not so good in gathering and submitting the info. I have not applied but have helped my clients apply and get SSD. It really helped them when a professional can state ,"this is what I have seen in treating this person." I hope this helps.

Good luck to you!

steve.b
08-12-2011, 05:20 AM
sorry i live 1/2 a world away, so i cannot help with ssd.

but i can offer a cyber hug.

( ( ( H U G ) ) )

Tracyl50
08-12-2011, 05:26 AM
Ive been diagnosed with lupus in Jan of 2011. so i really don't have a lot of documentation.. will this hurt me?? and i have a new medical dr. all the other dr i had in the past could never find what was wrong with me.. so i guess ill have to play it by ear. i know its going to be hard.. thanks..

Elo
08-12-2011, 12:05 PM
Hi there... it seems that nothing is easy with Lupus and being sick, is it? The only thing i've heard about SSD, is that most people are denied the first time, but once they appeal they're approved no problem. Something about just thinking that people who dont really need it will give up after the first time, but people who do need it will try again.
Anyways, i'm wishing you the best...it's definitely a hard time for almost everyone - especially those who are sick.
Best of luck - hope that your new med works well for you and you figure out what's going on with your body - or you just get better. Either one ;)

tgal
08-12-2011, 08:19 PM
Ive been diagnosed with lupus in Jan of 2011. so i really don't have a lot of documentation.. will this hurt me?? and i have a new medi
cal dr. all the other dr i had in the past could never find what was wrong with me.. so i guess ill have to play it by ear. i know its going to be hard.. thanks..

Hi Tracy,

You need to get ALL of your medical records together and keep a folder of everything you get. Even for your disability for work they will start requiring things after the 12 week FMLA is over. They will want tests run and all sorts of things in order to pay you the whole 6 months you are supposed to get. There are so many things to tell you but I am really foggy tonight so it should wait until then. I think I would rather tell you everything in PM so we can talk back and forth without filling up the thread. I will write to you on Sat. If you haven't heard from me by afternoon PM me because I may have forgotten !