PDA

View Full Version : Another Bad Day in the Bathroom!

magistramarla
08-11-2011, 10:02 PM
Hey Everyone,
This week has gone from bad to worse.
I got up this morning feeling fairly good. I turned on The Food Network, ate my breakfast and drank my coffee.
After a trip to the restroom, I flushed, and the toilet blew up! Water was spewing out of it. I backed out of the room and started grabbing towels to throw down.
I called maintenance and Jeff and then kept piling up every towel that we own to try to keep the water from running across the hall and into the bedroom.
The maintenance guy finally arrived, turned the water off, and started sopping it up. There were two inches of water in my bathroom!
Jeff got home and started washing towels.
Maintenance will be back tomorrow to finish repairing the toilet and to pick up the dehumidifiers that they left here.

I was a shaky mess when I went to get my massage. Noell had her work cut out for her to try to sooth my muscles today!
Jeff cooked tonight - he chose the excellent Chinese restaurant that we like.
Wow, what a week I've had!
Hugs,
Marla

lovedbyHim
08-11-2011, 11:00 PM
Hey Everyone,
This week has gone from bad to worse.
I got up this morning feeling fairly good. I turned on The Food Network, ate my breakfast and drank my coffee.
After a trip to the restroom, I flushed, and the toilet blew up! Water was spewing out of it. I backed out of the room and started grabbing towels to throw down.
I called maintenance and Jeff and then kept piling up every towel that we own to try to keep the water from running across the hall and into the bedroom.
The maintenance guy finally arrived, turned the water off, and started sopping it up. There were two inches of water in my bathroom!
Jeff got home and started washing towels.
Maintenance will be back tomorrow to finish repairing the toilet and to pick up the dehumidifiers that they left here.

I was a shaky mess when I went to get my massage. Noell had her work cut out for her to try to sooth my muscles today!
Wow, what a week I've had!
Hugs,
Marla

Marla, this is like something from out of a movie! Animal House I think. For the rest of the week, don't touch anything(giggling).

steve.b
08-12-2011, 05:08 AM
look for the good.......
you were able to dine out.
and you will probably have a new loo as well.

what a way to get it.
no stress..... "as if"

BonusMom
08-12-2011, 06:41 AM
Crappy way to start the day.

Ok....... y'all can stop your groaning now.

Hope they get the commode issue resolved today so you don't have to put up with any more of Jeff's "cooking." Not that any woman minds hearing "Let's get take-out."

Elo
08-12-2011, 10:58 AM
Mmm...chinese food. Is going to a restaurant considered cooking? Hehe.
Thats scary! its so ridiculous that a toilet overflowing can be so nerve wracking, but it really is. As soon as it starts to rise, I start shouting "No..no...no..go down, please go down. NO!!! NO!!! STOP!!! GO BACK!!!! You're going the wrong way!!! AHHH!!!"
It's not fun. Good to hear you got a massage though - those are always nice (:

debbie-b
08-12-2011, 01:27 PM
You seem to have bathroom issues. STAY AWAY FROM THEM. lol
I know I am being a smart a.. .
Try and get some rest for the remainder of the week.

Debbie

tgal
08-12-2011, 07:58 PM
LOL@ Debbie! That really did make me laugh out loud! Marla I sure hope you get to feeling better and feeling more stable. I hate that this happened to you but I am really glad you shared it. I can picture the entire thing in my head. You described it perfectly!

magistramarla
08-12-2011, 10:17 PM
LOL Everyone!
Yes, I've got potty problems, in more ways than one!
Things are back to normal. The maintenance guy came and fixed the toilet. The "flapper" had eroded, and someone had left the chain on it too long, so it got caught in the open position and caused my flood.
The nice thing is that now ALL of my towels are fresh and clean and my towel closet is neat and organized!
As SaySusie says, "look for the good and praise it!"

I feel better, since I've been a lazy bum most of the day, except when I cooked dinner - fish with dilled mayonnaise, potatoes with rosemary (herbs from my garden), buttered Brussels sprouts and an iceberg lettuce wedge salad. When I cook, I feel better.
Hugs to all,
Marla