PDA

View Full Version : flare up (Venting)

Tracyl50
08-08-2011, 04:29 PM
I've been in a flare up for the past few days. and i cant take it!! the aches the pains. and the worst is the extreme chronic fatigue...ive been laying either in my bed or couch since Friday. my body feels so heavy from being so tired. my ankles hurt and i don't know why. I'm getting a weird feeling in my legs that it had me up since 1 am.. and i have to try to go to work in the morning. what sucks i have to get up at 330 and be to work by 5 am and its a 45 min drive. how am i going to keep this up?? I just don't what to do you anymore..

nicolehinkel
08-08-2011, 04:34 PM
I just went through the same thing with being awake and not being able to sleep. I have been in a lot of pain lately too. I've recently lost a lot of time from work. Good luck.

bunny28
08-08-2011, 04:45 PM
THinking of you!

What are we supposed to do when we are flaring like this? Contact our rheumys? Try to get meds changed. See our GPs or just rest as much as we can and "bear" it?

I am off work right now but heading back in a few weeks. Not ot highjack your post but I am starting to wonder how I will get through the day without napping....and I know I can't get in to see my rheumy for months...unless there is some backdoor I am unawared of.

Hoping you get some answers soon...and some relief!

Tracyl50
08-08-2011, 04:59 PM
i go to my rheumy on Thursday. i also miss a lot of work . I Have fmla so they can't fire me.. thank god. but when i call in its without pay and that hurts. i also get a lot of beef at work so the stress from work is what makes me sick. sometimes i feel like I'm losing it. i do try to bear with it. thats all i can do at this point. I just wish there were a support group i can go to. but i cant seem to find any where i live. my friends and co-workers don't understand it .. i just don't know what to do anymore... i am going to my MD next week to see about a 2nd opinion . i have a good rheumy but maybe i need to see a new one to see if he can do more for me. my rheumy i have now is only here on Thursday so when i really need him i cant get in touch with him..so that makes it really hard...

steve.b
08-08-2011, 10:24 PM
thinking of you.

i found work tooooooooo much for me.
i had to retire, on the disability pension.

JuliaL
08-09-2011, 01:06 AM
I'm right there with you, in a stupid flare. I'm so sorry and hope you feel better soon! At least I don't have to drag myself to work anymore and wish you didn't have to do so, either! It's hard to take good care of yourself with work stress on your mind, as well!

Big but gentle hugs,
Julia

tgal
08-09-2011, 06:10 AM
I understand completely. I have been in this current flare for months and it is really difficult. Thankfully I don't have to get up to go to work anymore so the days I can't get out of bed... I don't have to LOL

Now sure where you work but if it is a place with florescent lighting make sure to cover up and use sunscreen or it will make you worse.e

bunny28
08-09-2011, 06:39 AM
Just wondering ...granted I live in Canada so our health care system is different but I recently learned there is a social worker in the hospital where I see my rheumy assigned to his patients. I wonder if you might be able to get some additional support or access to support groups through one at yours? Tracy?

Tracyl50
08-09-2011, 12:14 PM
tgal
i work for a lab.I'm a lab surgeon, so when i do my surgeries on a table called a hood. there is a florescent light about a foot or so from my head. and the place is lid up with those nice long florescent lighting . there is no way i can get around them.I'm not sure if i can go almost two years without income. from what I'm told,it takes about that to get approved for disability.. so i feel so trapped, and im so so tired . but im not sure how much more i can take.

Bunny
i have looked for local support groups and there isnt anywhere i live. i might look for a new rheumy. i feel im not get enough so it maybe time for a new one..

bunny28
08-09-2011, 05:29 PM
I am sorry to hear about the position you are in. If there is no support group are there other ressources you can tap into...Social worker, anything? As for working with fluorescent lighting, it does sound like you are stuck for it for as long as you work but see what you can do about wearing sunscreen...it might just help a bit. And every little bit counts.

lovedbyHim
08-09-2011, 08:43 PM
tgal
i work for a lab.I'm a lab surgeon, so when i do my surgeries on a table called a hood. there is a florescent light about a foot or so from my head. and the place is lid up with those nice long florescent lighting . there is no way i can get around them.I'm not sure if i can go almost two years without income. from what I'm told,it takes about that to get approved for disability.. so i feel so trapped, and im so so tired . but im not sure how much more i can take.

Bunny
i have looked for local support groups and there isnt anywhere i live. i might look for a new rheumy. i feel im not get enough so it maybe time for a new one..

Oh Tracy I sure do understand the UV problem and I too am on fmla. I drive about150 miles a day visiting my clients in the mental health field. I was falling asleep at the wheel. Thank God some of the problem was corrected with thyroid hormone and other meds. I slather in sunscreen. Can you use it and in the room where you work? I truly feel for you.

tgal
08-09-2011, 08:59 PM
Then you are going to have to take extra precautions. Long sleeves, gloves, hat, 100SPF sunscreen on your face. You have got to keep your skin covered up as much as you can.

As for the going years without income...I was in the same place that you are. I am a single parent of a teenage daughter and I thought there would be no way I would be able to quit working. I was not given the choice. Tonic clonic (used to be called grand mal) seizure in the middle of my office made the decision for me. It was a long, hard year living on $300 a month (I know most have heard this story but sometimes I need to re-tell it). Yes, we lived on $300 a month for over a year. The surprising part? We survived. We learned how little of the things we had were things we really needed as well.

I am not telling anyone what to do I am simply saying that sometimes we do what we have to do

Tracyl50
08-10-2011, 10:07 AM
i go to the Dr on Thursday and I'm going to ask him if he would sign me out for disability.. i know it will be tough. but i cant take work anymore.. its just to hard. thanks everyone. ill let you know what the Dr says...

tgal
08-10-2011, 01:46 PM
i go to the Dr on Thursday and I'm going to ask him if he would sign me out for disability.. i know it will be tough. but i cant take work anymore.. its just to hard. thanks everyone. ill let you know what the Dr says...

I know how hard it is to make that decision. I will cross my fingers for you and I hope all goes well

steve.b
08-11-2011, 04:15 AM
i know what it takes to make this decision. when i made it i also had to go bankrupt.

i hope you can work it out, wish you luck.

bunny28
08-13-2011, 05:15 AM
That's a big decision you have made and I know it is not made lightly. I hope your doctor's appointment goes well. Be brave and take care.