PDA

View Full Version : Ends of Fingers Red

tgal
08-07-2011, 04:19 PM
Hi Everyone,

I need some information from those that have dealt with this for awhile. I can usually google my questions and find something but this time it found only sex sites LOL. I decided to to "click here"

Anyway, I understand about Raynaud's but this is different. I have noticed for several weeks that my right foot was more red then my left. On that foot my 2nd toe is even more red and dry looking. I really never worried about this but in the last few days I have noticed that the tips of my fingers, from the end to the first knuckle, are bright red.l Not when cold or hot, not tingling like when I am having CNS issues, just red. Any idea what this is from? It may not be anything but I thought I would come to the experts for some info

ritzbit
08-07-2011, 05:59 PM
That happens to my fingers and toes all the time when they're starting to get all swollen, which I blame on my Raynauds because its usually when its acting up more.

steve.b
08-07-2011, 07:29 PM
if your joints are swollen, then it could also be from fibro.
when the muscles are swollen, they restrict the blood flow.
the blood flows into the extremities easier than it can flow out.
therefore. blood is trapped in these extremities.

this happens to me.
if it continues i sometimes then get the tingling sensation.
not always.

magistramarla
08-07-2011, 07:34 PM
Mari,
A couple of the toes on each foot are red for me, too. I was told that it is the Raynaud's.
Coupled with your chest pains this weekend though, has me wondering. Could it have anything to do with your blood circulation?
Are you getting in to see that one good doc that you found recently? Ask him about it.
Hugs,
Marla

tgal
08-07-2011, 11:31 PM
Thanks everyone. I will talk to the doc next time I see him

lovedbyHim
08-08-2011, 03:18 AM
if your joints are swollen, then it could also be from fibro.
when the muscles are swollen, they restrict the blood flow.
the blood flows into the extremities easier than it can flow out.
therefore. blood is trapped in these extremities.

this happens to me.
if it continues i sometimes then get the tingling sensation.
not always.

Yes this is what happens to me. I have stopped all salt, except what is already in items , & even read packages for items lowest in salt. I look and feel so much better. But oh how I miss my salt!

KCat
08-08-2011, 08:59 AM
I do *think* it's still ultimately the Raynaud's and/or the autoimmune disease in general and that rather than the vessels spasming closed they are open wide and as someone else pointed out, the blood flow back out isn't happening. Like when I get a bite or other injury to my hands the swelling takes forever to come down. But I'm just guessing. There have been times when my feet have turned bright red and very warm and you're right that it has often had nothing to do with them being hot or cold though a hot shower will trigger it. The disease damages the connective tissue that lines supports the vessels and the skin so you can imagine that the ability to function properly, pulsing at the correct rate or not pulsing at all, would easily be mucked up. Damage to the skin could be caused by the constant influx of immune components to the area if the blood is pooling there.

Again, all conjecture based on what I know about vasculature and best to ask the doc.

You might want to ask your doctor about L-arginine as a supplement. It's been found to be possibly helpful in vascular health and has been recommended for Raynaud's patients. I have yet to research it thoroughly, however so do check with the doc and make sure that if you do take it that you don't take more than the recommended dose.

tgal
08-08-2011, 11:39 AM
Thanks everyone! It all makes since and I do have Raynauds, vasculitis and fibro...lol y'all could all be right! I really love this place because there is always someone to help out