PDA

View Full Version : Yeah!!!!

mdawncooper
08-05-2011, 03:42 PM
I think I might have figured out what was wrong with my stomach. I stopped drinking soft drinks (except one in the morning) and I am soooo much better. I have never had problems before but for some reason it was causing all kinds of pain, bloating, and gas. I am back to 2 Plaquenil a day and starting to feel human again!!!! I am waiting to see if I am going to be able to cancel the Gastro appt.

Mel

steve.b
08-05-2011, 07:47 PM
happy you figured it out.

tgal
08-05-2011, 08:21 PM
I think I might have figured out what was wrong with my stomach. I stopped drinking soft drinks (except one in the morning) and I am soooo much better. I have never had problems before but for some reason it was causing all kinds of pain, bloating, and gas. I am back to 2 Plaquenil a day and starting to feel human again!!!! I am waiting to see if I am going to be able to cancel the Gastro appt.

Mel

I am SOOOOO glad that you figured it out!! I am glad you were able to start back on the 2 a day plaquenil. I really think it will be helpful. Keep us posted!

JuliaL
08-05-2011, 08:35 PM
Excellent news!!!! I hope it takes care of the problem!!!

My rheumy took me off sodas at my very first appointment, for my kidneys' sake. I didn't realize that colas, especially, are bad for your kidneys but he said sodas are all-around bad news for those of us with autoimmune disease. I wouldn't cancel the GI appointment necessarily, though. We can have GI inflammation and irritable bowel issues so, if you can, it would probably be a good idea to have it checked out.

I just found out last year that what my rheumy suspected was Irritable Bowel Syndrome is Crohn's Disease. It's quite rare to have both Lupus and Crohn's together but there it is, grrr. GI stuff is a real pain (I get crabby when docs mess with my foodies, lol!) but it's best to know what you're dealing with so it can be treated. Maybe just a simple, over-the-counter acid blocker will help!

sharpiessave
08-05-2011, 09:54 PM
Hooray for victories! What an awesome way to be fixed. It'll actually save you money! Sweet.

Elo
08-06-2011, 01:06 PM
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! YAYY For the small victories!!!

Now, if I could only talk my boyfriend into drinking less soda and more water...

Good news is, that'll save you a buncha money in the long run, hehe.

nicolehinkel
08-06-2011, 02:44 PM
All sodas, even diet?

tgal
08-06-2011, 05:37 PM
All sodas, even diet?

All soda's (man I hate using that word) are bad for us. Diet or regular. They are bad for healthy people as well. *smiling as I take a sip of mine* LOL

mdawncooper
08-06-2011, 07:07 PM
So far I am down to one a day and it never dawned on me my kidneys are probably much happier. I am thinking of going on to GI doctor just to get his take on things .