PDA

View Full Version : Is this a start of a flare?

flower21clr
08-04-2011, 08:00 PM
Hi I have not been on for a while. I had been feeling great! I have spent the first half of summer taking the kids swimming and working their cheerleading both at the local minor league baseball park. I have notice in the last week I have been really tired yet I can't sleep at night, my hair is starting to fall out again and the last time I had the girls swimming even with my 100 SPF on my skin got really itchy, I got nausea and light headed. Is this the start of a flare? Any advice would be great. Hope everyone has been feeling well and has been enjoying their summer.
Thanks
Christine

lovedbyHim
08-04-2011, 08:37 PM
Hi I have not been on for a while. I had been feeling great! I have spent the first half of summer taking the kids swimming and working their cheerleading both at the local minor league baseball park. I have notice in the last week I have been really tired yet I can't sleep at night, my hair is starting to fall out again and the last time I had the girls swimming even with my 100 SPF on my skin got really itchy, I got nausea and light headed. Is this the start of a flare? Any advice would be great. Hope everyone has been feeling well and has been enjoying their summer.
Thanks
Christine

Hi Christine, I can only tell you that these symptoms are exactly what happen to me after too much heat or sun exposure. Then I usually end up in bed for days. If that doesn't work well enough I sometimes have to bump my prednisone up. Symptoms like these can lead to an organ being hit, for me. My doc takes this seriously.

Courtney
08-09-2011, 12:53 PM
I feel the exact same way right now. I have been sleeping so much in the past month that you would think I would be wired all the time. My stomach is comepletely off, my skin lesions are getting out of control and i feel like I get completely blown off. I can barely make it through work without having to put my head down. I have appointment Monday with my PCP. Hopefully she will have suggestions. As much as I HATE prednisone I am willing to go on it for a while and deal with the nasty side effects (wait gain, bone loss, and irritability are the worst ones for me).

steve.b
08-09-2011, 07:52 PM
hi courtney,
sorry you are going through a hard time.
but glad you found our family.
welcome.

lovedbyHim
08-09-2011, 08:29 PM
I feel the exact same way right now. I have been sleeping so much in the past month that you would think I would be wired all the time. My stomach is comepletely off, my skin lesions are getting out of control and i feel like I get completely blown off. I can barely make it through work without having to put my head down. I have appointment Monday with my PCP. Hopefully she will have suggestions. As much as I HATE prednisone I am willing to go on it for a while and deal with the nasty side effects (wait gain, bone loss, and irritability are the worst ones for me).

Hi Courtney, welcome to our family and good luck at your PCP appointment.