PDA

View Full Version : back to the land of the employed

ruziska
08-03-2011, 09:14 AM
Tomorrow I have orientation for my temp job at the hospital! I don't know how long the job will last (at least a couple of weeks) but its a start! ITS A PAYCHECK!!!!

tgal
08-03-2011, 09:48 AM
Tomorrow I have orientation for my temp job at the hospital! I don't know how long the job will last (at least a couple of weeks) but its a start! ITS A PAYCHECK!!!!

Whooo hoooo! Way to go working lady! Does that mean that you are buying dinner? LOL

panda_lupo
08-03-2011, 10:41 AM
Congrats Love!!! and Good Luck!!!!!

lovedbyHim
08-03-2011, 11:47 AM

Oh I hope you enjoy you time there and maybe it will turn into a steady job. Good luck!

magistramarla
08-03-2011, 11:52 AM
Rita,
When my daughter was doing temp work several years ago, she got several offers for permanent jobs. It seemed to her that many of the businesses used the temp agency as a way to "try out" and screen possible employees. If they liked the temp, they offered them the position.
I hope that this is the case for you.
Hugs,
Marla

tgal
08-03-2011, 12:24 PM
Rita,
When my daughter was doing temp work several years ago, she got several offers for permanent jobs. It seemed to her that many of the businesses used the temp agency as a way to "try out" and screen possible employees. If they liked the temp, they offered them the position.
I hope that this is the case for you.
Hugs,
Marla

The company I worked for did the same thing. They only hired people from the Temp Agency. If it worked out they would be asked to stay and they would hire that person full time for the company. If it didn't work out then the company would tell the agency not to send that person back again and I ask for a replacement

rob
08-03-2011, 01:21 PM
More good news. I always say that little victories are a good thing, but I would call this a big victory. Good for you Ruziska!

ruziska
08-03-2011, 03:23 PM
Thanks everyone! I gotta tell ya, I'm a bit apprehensive. I've not worked outside of the home full time since the 80's. LONG TIME and I've not worked since being diagnosed. Hubby is in for a rude awakening as well. I'm not going to spend my weekends doing chores and nothing but chores. He's going to have to step up and help out more. I just have to remember to take care of myself first and then maybe the housework. Maybe.

steve.b
08-03-2011, 11:03 PM
i am very happy for you.

i hope you work things out with hubby !!!!!!!

Elo
08-04-2011, 06:12 AM
Congrats!!! Here's hoping you love it :)

rob
08-04-2011, 06:51 AM
Thanks everyone! I gotta tell ya, I'm a bit apprehensive. I've not worked outside of the home full time since the 80's. LONG TIME and I've not worked since being diagnosed.

You'll do fine. Give em' hell!

dawn patrol
08-05-2011, 02:54 AM
Good luck!! You'll be great!