PDA

View Full Version : went to the doctors today

Tammy2011
08-03-2011, 08:47 AM
and i feel a little less worried now i asked him what tests showed lupus was it the biopsy and the blood work or just the biopsy he said just the biopsy he said the blood work came back fine . i asked him if there is such thing as lupus of the skin and he said yes then i asked him in his opinion was mine a milder case of lupus of the skin and he said yes mine is the milder form . thats a huge relief for me because i was having some different pains around my kidneys and he said it wasnt lupus related see i do alot of heavy lifting and twisting at work and i also ride on a motorcycle he said that could be it that my kidneys were fine. hope your all feeling good today.now on my jpurney to quit smoking i am down to 13 a day from over 25 so wish me luck lol

gkf109
08-03-2011, 09:14 AM
Tammy I also was told my lupus would only affect my skin but I have a lot of symptoms of SLE, hopefully you don't did you have a rash? If so where was it and what did it look like? Hope all is well - Gary

Tammy2011
08-03-2011, 09:32 AM
Hi Gary i dont have a rash i had five sores on my face 2 bigger ones on my forehead where my work hat sits and a couple on my nose and one on my cheek. i get the butterfly rash faintly on my face thats why they were treating me for rosacia for almost a year then they did a biopsy on one of the sores on my head and it came back subacute cutaneous lupus. i dont have many of the sle symptoms . i have disc degenerative disease and i have had low iron my whole life .my lupus is sun aggravated so since i have been staying out of the sun my sores are clearing up. i was seeing my dermatologist every 4 weeks now he wants to see me in 4 months .

gkf109
08-03-2011, 09:47 AM
I got a rash about 2 years ago that would not go away it was red raised round bumps, my biopsy said it was a rare form called tumid lupus, but now they think I have SLE but it doesn't show up in my blood in the past three months I have found out I have arthritis in all my joints and my spine is now being affected I have dry eyes, fatigue and a bunch of other stuff just to much to list. I hope everything works out for you-Gary

tgal
08-03-2011, 09:47 AM
Hi Gary i dont have a rash i had five sores on my face 2 bigger ones on my forehead where my work hat sits and a couple on my nose and one on my cheek. i get the butterfly rash faintly on my face thats why they were treating me for rosacia for almost a year then they did a biopsy on one of the sores on my head and it came back subacute cutaneous lupus. i dont have many of the sle symptoms . i have disc degenerative disease and i have had low iron my whole life .my lupus is sun aggravated so since i have been staying out of the sun my sores are clearing up. i was seeing my dermatologist every 4 weeks now he wants to see me in 4 months .

That is called SCLE Lupus and it does mainly affect the skin although it can also mess with some other things (joint pain, fatigue) but that kind does not affect any major organs. I am really glad that you have a diagnosis that has eased your mind. That makes all the difference in the world

Tammy2011
08-03-2011, 11:58 AM
thank you both and gary i hope things get better for you soon . and i will keep an eye on things and keep you posted. if i knew how to post a picture i would post one of my face with the sores that way you could see them its hard to explain them lol ok take care and have a good day

steve.b
08-03-2011, 10:44 PM
tammy,
i also used to smoke.
i know a lot of people talk about using patches and e cigaretes.

i found the main thing that help is................
to be stuborn.

all those other things make it easier, but you need a self conviction.
if you are 1/2 harted, it is not easy to stop smoking.
if you are stuborn, you have a better chance of success.

i smoked for about 25 years, and have never touched a cigarette, since the day i became stuborn about it.

the craving does lessen eventually. i wish you luck.

Tammy2011
08-04-2011, 09:49 AM
thanks so much i have wanted to quit for sometime now i tried 3 times before unsuccessfully as you can see :) i am a very stubborn person just the cravings are horrible lol but thank you i will keep you posted on how i am making out . i was smoking a pack and a half a day now i am down to 13 cigs a day i know it is still too much but im trying to keep my sanity lol im hoping the patch will help with that ..