PDA

View Full Version : Is the Mayo Clinic worth going to....?

Lauren
12-27-2005, 07:13 PM
Has anyone been to the Mayo Clinic or heared anything about it? I was diagnost with Lupus in 2002...I love my doctors but I guess Im just looking for some more opinions and suggestions.

hippimom2
12-29-2005, 07:15 AM
I haven't gone myself, but I have heard they are very knowledgeable and good at what they do there. I had an aunt who was really sick for a long time and docs couldn't figure out waht was wrong. She went to Mayo and they figured out what was wrong and were able to successfully treat her. I've thought of going myself sometimes, but don't know if I have the energy for the trip.

TracyDawn
12-29-2005, 07:54 AM
I'm in FL so ours may be different. I've never been to the one here but I've heard nothing but good things about them. If you have the opportunity to go I wouldn't turn it down. However, I did go to Shands here in FL and their "main" rheumy is a donkey's behind. That guy is probably the biggest jerk of a dr I've ever encountered. So really I guess it depends on the drs themselves and not just the facility they are associated with. But if you have never been I'd give it a shot so you can at least say you tried ya know? Good luck!!!