PDA

View Full Version : everything's coming up roses

ruziska
07-31-2011, 09:50 AM
If you've looked at my albums, you know that my hubby raises roses. He doesn't bring rose bouquets, he brings me rose bushes and I'm not complaining! Anyhow, our state fair is going on and of course, he had to enter his roses. The results are in and he got 6 first place and 4 second place including a best of show! He also placed first with his tomato soup colored Echinacea. He'll enter more on Tuesday (there are 2 rounds you can enter) and this time he'll include a sunflower. I'm going to make an album of fair entries and I'll post it when I get it done. Everything's coming up roses...

Elo
07-31-2011, 10:05 AM
Wow! That's a lot of winning flowers :D Nice!

Nonna
07-31-2011, 11:13 AM
Fantastic, I love roses. I had a sterling silver rose bush up north, but I think it's too delicate or I can baby it down here in GA.

Give him my congrats

steve.b
07-31-2011, 07:40 PM
sounds like one happy hubby.
well done.

tgal
07-31-2011, 08:17 PM
How awesome! Can't wait to see the pictures and hear the results from Tues~

lovedbyHim
07-31-2011, 08:36 PM
Oh...I love roses. I placed two bushes this year and couldn't wait to see the color of each flower. Good for him. Roses are not easy to raise. They take TLC.

Saysusie
07-31-2011, 10:52 PM
I am so impressed..I think that anyone who can grow things and make them beautiful is an artist. I have a terminal brown thumb and can never get anything to grow :-(
Can't wait to see the pictures!

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie