PDA

View Full Version : elevated protein in urine?

gkf109
07-31-2011, 09:41 AM
A couple of weeks ago I did a 24 hour urine sample the results showed protein in my urine, just wondering if anyone else has been told this, and what would this have to do with lupus? -Thanks -Gary

lovedbyHim
07-31-2011, 10:31 AM
A couple of weeks ago I did a 24 hour urine sample the results showed protein in my urine, just wondering if anyone else has been told this, and what would this have to do with lupus? -Thanks -Gary

Hi Gary, I get elevated levels in my urine. Thus far they are just watching me as it comes & goes. It sometimes can come from taking Mobic. The filtering system in our kidneys doesn't filter properly sometimes when inflamed. They may need to try steroids. If it were me I would call and ask the doc to explain the results and what this means for you.

gkf109
07-31-2011, 10:52 AM
Thanks Tammy, although they have not given me any medication yet, they just keep sending me for more tests, I really like my primary doc, but I cant say the same for the rhem he sent me too, although the last time I seen my doc he mentioned sending me to another rhem for a second opinion, but he wants more bloodwork first, It gets very frustating I really should be taking something! It seems like every week some new symptom shows up, but we will see! Thanks and have a good day -Gary

lovedbyHim
07-31-2011, 02:53 PM
Thanks Tammy, although they have not given me any medication yet, they just keep sending me for more tests, I really like my primary doc, but I cant say the same for the rhem he sent me too, although the last time I seen my doc he mentioned sending me to another rhem for a second opinion, but he wants more bloodwork first, It gets very frustating I really should be taking something! It seems like every week some new symptom shows up, but we will see! Thanks and have a good day -Gary

Gary, how much protein did it show? Was there also red or white cells in it? There are different forms and severity of lupus nephritis. God bless.

gkf109
07-31-2011, 03:44 PM
I'm not sure what it showed but when I go back I'm going to ask, there's just so much going on that I don't ask the questions I should, plus when I went back for the results I was really foggy that week and I would not of remembered anyway, but I'm learning to write things down because if I don't I forget, but I will find out and let you know. Thanks

tgal
07-31-2011, 04:07 PM
Gary may I suggest that you write down all the questions that you have in a tablet before you go to the doctors office? When we get in there we get bombarded with so much information that we can't think of all of the questions that want to ask. I found it to work for me and maybe it will work for you

gkf109
07-31-2011, 04:21 PM
My wife bought me a iPad and I started to keep a journal of my symptoms and I take pics of my rash and stuff like that, my memory isn't what it used to be so I'm learning to write stuff down and the calendar comes in handy too, the iPad works good for me because I can keep everything in one place so I don't lose it, but thanks for the suggestion it is a really good idea for people who have the problems we do. Have a good evening-Gary

lovedbyHim
07-31-2011, 05:53 PM
Good for you! Good wife too! Sounds like you are keeping pretty good track of things.

It's amazing how this disease moves around and can cause so much pain or be silent when it hits. I've been horribly sick for awhile but had no idea why I felt the way I did. My PCP thought it was Menapause. My rheumy thought it was the fibromyalgia, the gynocologist found a thickening in my uterus and abnormal cells, and my endocrinologist said, "Your thyroid is acting up. You need to increase the hormone and your vitamin D level is low again. " Apparently my thyroid can make my uterus get wacky too. Needless to say, I never felt the thyroiditis. I coughed more from mucus in throat. I thought it was allergies. So here I am feeling so much better because of hormones. I hope and pray you will be treated soon and feel good.

steve.b
07-31-2011, 07:54 PM
gary,
another thing you may find useful....
keep a copy of the test results.

my rhuemy gave me a copy of my first round of results, advising me to keep them as a base line.
you can refer to them later on.