PDA

View Full Version : Have some questions

Billie3Js
12-27-2005, 05:12 PM
I was wondering how much Lupus will effect my periods? Last month I didn't get one and the only times that has ever happened were the three times I was pregnant so I really took notice. This month I got it, but its different. Does anyone know?

Thank you

hippimom2
12-28-2005, 03:15 PM
I have noticed that I sometimes get really heavy periods. Mostly I have noticed that I flare really bad the week before I get my period. It happens to me almost every month.

Billie3Js
12-29-2005, 09:47 AM
Last month I didn't get mine and this month its not what I am used to having but something I want to talk to my doctor about, but I still have two weeks to go to see him. I called my regular doctors office today, but they are all booked up so ..... have to wait.

Thank you for your answer
Billie

Saysusie
12-29-2005, 07:40 PM
Hi Billie3js:
Lupus can affect menstruation as can some of the medications that we take for our various symptoms. Some women with lupus report that their symptoms become worse during menstruation and pregnancy and with the use of birth control pills or hormone therapy. Also, it is not uncommon for women who have lupus to have very painful periodsand heavy bleeding. It is not uncommon for lupus patients to have flares before menstruation..so you are not alone.

I wish you the best
Saysusie

Rach
06-28-2006, 09:33 AM
I'm so brand new to this - i was just diagnosed exactly 3 weeks ago today! i was supposed to get my period on Monday - i havent had sex for a month but after i found out (of course w/ condoms) now so i know i'm not pregnant! Is it the medication or Lupus? i still dont get it :?

SoleSinger
06-28-2006, 10:19 AM
Well, I'm not sure if it's Lupus or the meds, but I didn't have mine for about six months... Then I had it one month, and haven't had it again since... For the first couple months after I was dx'd I did have it though... And I can't remember before I was dx'd because there was so much else going on a "little thing" like my period doesn't stick out.

I have heard (Maybe it was on this board, I can't remember) that sometimes your body shuts things like that off when it has to deal with so much other stuff... But, this doesn't mean that you aren't still ovulating, so take necessary precautions!

DON'T PANIC!! But, if you ARE worried about it, see your doctor! :):):):)

Rach
07-01-2006, 11:31 AM
I took a pregnancy test at the dr yesterday... it came out Negative! But i STILL havent gotten my period. i'm usually on time... :?

ButterflyRN
07-01-2006, 07:26 PM
Mine is generally like clock work but some times I go every 20 days or so. It can be frustrating!

SoleSinger
07-01-2006, 07:35 PM
The other thing that I have noticed... After I didn't have it for 6 months, when I did have it again, it lasted for like two weeks! UGH!

I had it again for a month or two and now it's gone again... I am told that it's from the meds... The other thing I notice... When I WAS still having my period, I'd have a LOT of symptoms just before and during... Like headaches, my kidneys would really hurt, etc.... I notice that even not having my period now, I still get those symptoms when I SHOULD be having my period... It's actually kind of weird... It reminds me of people who can feel their leg after it's been amputated...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rach
07-20-2006, 11:11 AM
Ok now i'm on Provera... supposed to BOOST my Cycle?! I'm on my 10th day tomorrow so i SHOULD get to see Aunt Flow by Monday or Tuesday right? Great... Period on the weekend! :( And i start work on Monday! Sucks! :mad: