PDA

View Full Version : When to go to the doctor

ritzbit
07-29-2011, 05:44 PM
How long should you wait when you have a problem to let it "fix itself" or should you call right away? Im really concerned about the way my feet look after being on them ALL DAY for orientation today and yesterday. They are big and swollen and have those red speckles everywhere like when I had vasculitis before....And without saying anything to my mom other than my feet were really swollen she looked over while I was sitting with my feet up in my recliner and said the bottom of your feet kind of look purplish again (not the Raynauds) like when I had vasculitis....My arms can barely move....like I cant lift them up. That part is whats making me more concerned because I can reason that my legs hurt and my feet are swollen from all the walking but nothing should be making my arms feel like this. Should I wait a day or two, or should I call? I keep down playing it to my mom. I came home and could barely stand up long enough to like get food. So I laid down and passed out for two hours. I dont want them to know how bad I feel right now. But I couldn't even get up to get my dinner and asked my mom if she could bring me a plate and she was like uh no so I joked that I was still half asleep with sore feet and she did. But I really could barely move to get out of this chair. UGH. Could simply being on my feet too much even cause vasculitis or am I just worrying too much because of everything that happened a few months ago????

rob
07-29-2011, 06:15 PM
Ritz,

I just wrote a kinda long response, but I somehow deleted it before I could post it. In short, what I said, was to go get this checked out sooner than later. You are worried enough to talk about it, so you should get it checked out. I know that "better safe than sorry" is a sometimes overused cliche', but for us, better safe than sorry is the better cliche'.

Rob

Elo
07-29-2011, 06:48 PM
I'm also kind of foggy on this issue - but I would definitely say that in your case, see them sooner than later. If you're feeling more than a little bit different or weird, then you need to make sure that everything is fine. Plus, even if it's a small issue, most likely they'll either be able to give you something to help you physically, or reassure you emotionally and mentally. So, get checked out, because waiting isn't going to do anything but make you worry.
Hope you feel better soon. (:
How was orientation?

ritzbit
07-29-2011, 07:02 PM
So hectic. I cant any classes for my major until the spring because I suck so bad at math I need to take an extra math class first. But I already have 8 gen ed classes, so they had a really hard time coming up with classes for me especially because a lot of classes are already filled up. If I dont feel better I'll want to go to the doctor but I have an appointment thats only 2 weeks away. But if it were something like vasculitis I know how quick that can get bad. UGH I dont know what to do. And I have my rheum and sleep study appointments both scheduled on the same day to save a trip. That sounds like a lame excuse not to go. SOMEONE BE MY MOM FOR A MINUTE lol I dont want to talk to my mom about it.

lovedbyHim
07-29-2011, 09:29 PM
Ritz,

I just wrote a kinda long response, but I somehow deleted it before I could post it. In short, what I said, was to go get this checked out sooner than later. You are worried enough to talk about it, so you should get it checked out. I know that "better safe than sorry" is a sometimes overused cliche', but for us, better safe than sorry is the better cliche'.

Rob

I have to agree with this. I think if you feel that uncomfortable, even if its not vasculitis and you are that swollen they might be able to give you a pull to get some of the fluid out. My feet turn colors like that when swollen. What a relief when it leaves. I prop them higher than my head when they get that bad and it does help by morning. I hope you feel better dear.

tgal
07-29-2011, 09:36 PM
Ritz, I have to agree with everyone else. If it is to the point that you are worried about it then I would say go to the doctor. It is better to have it looked out now and "nip it in the bud" (loves old southern saying) instead of putting it off until it gets worse and you end up in the hospital.

Take care of yourself and keep us posted

steve.b
07-30-2011, 01:23 AM
SOMEONE BE MY MOM FOR A MINUTE lol I dont want to talk to my mom about it.

you have a few mums here. they all agree........
go get it checked out.

please do not cause yourself even more pain, get it fixed, before it gets bad.

ritzbit
07-30-2011, 09:53 AM
I took same pain meds this morning and so far little relief. Wish I had more tramadol D: My legs feel a little better this morning but my arms are still reallllllyyyyy weak. Everytime this happens its always like the mid section of my arm between my shoulder and elbow. It hurts to lay on it or to lift it very high. I havent done anything to my arms why do they seem so mad at me...lol I cant even get ahold of my doc til Monday since its the weekend. If I still feel crappy, which something tells me I will, Im probably going to be calling her bright and early.

Elo
07-30-2011, 10:29 AM
Brittney Rizt Bit!!! Young lady, you need to go to the doctor soon! We all love you and we do NOT want you to get more sick. So get your sick butt, in bed, and rest until its time to go! You hear me young lady?? NO pushing yourself until you feel better!
I mean it now, ya hear?

SOMEONE BE MY MOM FOR A MINUTE

How was that?
Teehee!

Seriously though, please don't try to push yourself too hard. We all know how much you wish you could, but nobody wants you to deal with the consequences of what could happen. Take it easy and give your body some time, and then if that hasn't done anything except give you some well needed and well deserved rest, then go to the Dr. as soon as you can, and let your mind relax.

ritzbit
07-30-2011, 11:32 AM
Thank you momma Elo =) lol Its still "family week" and I hate to stay home when everyones going out. We're going out in a little while. But Im going to sit if I have to. My arm hurts a lot I wish the pain pills I had would do the trick. I have 1 tramadol left that I was saving for a really bad day. Today might be that day. I dont want to take it and not have it though =(

lizbond36
08-01-2011, 05:27 PM
This has happen more then once and in 2010 With my MRI on my left foot was going inward and abnormal growth inbetween my joints (ankle) and the doc didn't know the cause of it till after I was Dx with Lupus. Lupus begin eating away my joints. Now no one can fix it, if you look at my photos here at the group you can see my foot. In part see someone ASAP.
Hugs
Liz

ritzbit
08-02-2011, 07:49 AM
I have a rheumy appointment and my sleep study next Monday, and now therapy is that morning too because I showed up an hour late for my appointment this morning. I thought it was at 9:30 but everyone insisted I "check" so I looked for an appointment paper and thought I saw the one for today and it said 10:30. Well it was at 9:30 like I thought so now Im so aggravated I could really use some therapy. I came in and my little brother said sissy how did you get sun burn all over you cheekys lol

Elo
08-02-2011, 08:42 AM
Hey!
How are you feeling? Have you improved any so far? Or did you end up seeing a doc?
Hoping all is well

ritzbit
08-02-2011, 08:46 AM
Little better. Feet are much better and so are my arms but my knees are still sore.

Elo
08-02-2011, 10:05 AM
I'm glad you're a little better at least... any improvement helps.
Hope you keep getting better!

lupyme
08-04-2011, 11:51 AM
I agree with everyone else. Call the doc. Ditto on Elo's post. I just have one added suggestion. Let your mom mother you. That's what we're here for. I would just hate for my child to be suffering like that and not know it. I know you don't want to worry her, but when our children hide these things we end up worrying more. Tell her when you feel bad, so she doesn't waste time worrying whether you feel bad when you're doing well. Mom's want to comfort their children and right now you really need it. Pushing yourself by trying to pretend your fine is going to make you sicker.