PDA

View Full Version : More stress!

lovedbyHim
07-29-2011, 05:36 PM
Ok I am finally feeling much better with all the added hormons and vit D.

Then my pregnant daughter developed Hyperemesis. Which means she can't even hold down ice chips so she was hospitalized for 4 days and sent home vomiting. Going to take care of her and my granddaughter tomorrow and Monday.

Now my other daughter who has been so tired for a year, was told she has lyme disease.

Sheesh! STRESS! I wonder if my dog had anymore valium left? Hmmm???

tgal
07-29-2011, 05:43 PM
Ok I am finally feeling much better with all the added hormons and vit D.

Then my pregnant daughter developed Hyperemesis. Which means she can't even hold down ice chips so she was hospitalized for 4 days and sent home vomiting. Going to take care of her and my granddaughter tomorrow and Monday.

Now my other daughter who has been so tired for a year, was told she has lyme disease.

Sheesh! STRESS! I wonder if my dog had anymore valium left? Hmmm???

Ohh I am so sorry Tammy! It just seems like if it isn't one thing it is another. Please take care of yourself! I will keep all of your in my thoughts

mdawncooper
07-29-2011, 07:05 PM
Praying for your precious family. Keep us posted.

Mel

BonusMom
07-29-2011, 07:43 PM
So sorry to hear this. It's one thing for us to be ill, but it's an entirely different matter when it's one of our children that's not well. I would change places with any of my kids in a heartbeat.

Like I told my son earlier today, if I could just kiss his boo boo and put a band-aid on it like I did when he was a little boy, I gladly would.

Not to sound like an "expert," but has your prego daughter tried Zofran? It's been a lifesaver for non-retractable nausea/vomiting for me due to gastroparesis. They also give it to chemotherapy patients. I don't know if it's safe in pregnancy.

lovedbyHim
07-29-2011, 09:01 PM
So sorry to hear this. It's one thing for us to be ill, but it's an entirely different matter when it's one of our children that's not well. I would change places with any of my kids in a heartbeat.

Like I told my son earlier today, if I could just kiss his boo boo and put a band-aid on it like I did when he was a little boy, I gladly would.

Not to sound like an "expert," but has your prego daughter tried Zofran? It's been a lifesaver for non-retractable nausea/vomiting for me due to gastroparesis. They also give it to chemotherapy patients. I do

't know if it's safe in pregnancy.

Yes that was given to her in the first 24 hours and it did nothing, so they switched to a suppository med and gave her a prescription antacid. It called it enough to tolerate a few sips of soda. Then she started vomiting again after 5 days they sent her home vomiting. They gave 15 IV's while in there. Some were vitamins. I am worried as she has not eaten in a week.

Thank you for your wisdom. I am frightened as to how much more her body can handle. This one just had a miscarriage 3 months ago and was devastated.

My granddaughter asked her mom, "Is this a another heaven baby or is this an earth baby, and can we keep this one?" It breaks my heart.

Linda From Australia
07-30-2011, 12:12 AM
I am worried as she has not eaten in a week.

I know you love your daughter to bits, but keep you shirt on and tucked into your pants. She is a big girl now remember!

Try to take it easy during this stressful and physical time

steve.b
07-30-2011, 02:52 AM
hugs from me.

lovedbyHim
07-30-2011, 03:24 AM
hugs from me.

Felt thank you.

Elo
07-30-2011, 10:46 AM
Thinking of you and your daughter...sending warm thoughts and blessings your way.

lovedbyHim
07-30-2011, 12:09 PM
I feel a bot more hopeful as my daughter was able to keep liquid and part of a bagel in today. She lost a lot of weight in one week but a midwife is willing to come to her home and give her IV's as needed for the next couple months. We pray and wait.

Today I cleaned and did laundry while babysitting. I feel great! I am going to the mountains tomorrow. Sigh of relief here. Thanks for listening to me vent.

lacey50
07-30-2011, 03:20 PM
Linda,
I am so glad to hear your duaghter is doing better and holding some food down. What a blessing to get a midwife to help her. I hope you will get some rest and enjoy the mountains. (((((HUGS)))) on there way.

Elo
07-30-2011, 04:06 PM
I feel a bot more hopeful as my daughter was able to keep liquid and part of a bagel in today. She lost a lot of weight in one week but a midwife is willing to come to her home and give her IV's as needed for the next couple months. We pray and wait.

Today I cleaned and did laundry while babysitting. I feel great! I am going to the mountains tomorrow. Sigh of relief here. Thanks for listening to me vent.
YAYYY!!! Small steps (: That's wonderful that she's on the road to feeling better. Midwifes are wonderful, i'm sure that must help reassure you to know she'll be around.

I'm so glad you're feeling better! It was so hard to hear how much pain you were going through before, so you being well enough to go to the mountains is happy news (:

lovedbyHim
07-30-2011, 04:41 PM
YAYYY!!! Small steps (: That's wonderful that she's on the road to feeling better. Midwifes are wonderful, i'm sure that must help reassure you to know she'll be around.

I'm so glad you're feeling better! It was so hard to hear how much pain you were going through before, so you being well enough to go to the mountains is happy news (:

I have been under so much stress as of late and walking in the woods can be like punching a punching bag. It is a great stress reliever. However, I'm taking my boyfriend for the first time. I hope we will still be friends when done. He is very out of shape & smokes(grin). Thanks for caring. It means a lot.

Gizmo
07-31-2011, 09:01 PM
While I want to be a grandma, I am already worrying about my newly married daughter's pregnancies - so I totally understand your stress. I lost 20 lbs my first trimester with my first baby, and she came out just perfect (early, but perfect). The second pregnancy my 2 year old daughter heard me vomiting through the bathroom door and wanted to come in. My husband said "Let's let Mommy rolf in peace." From that point on every time I threw up she would ask "Mommy, are you rolfing in pieces?"

I hope that the positive trend continues for your daughter and that you are able to let go of some stress. IV's at home sound like a great idea. Dehydration can cause nausea, which just perpetuates the cycle. See if you can get her to eat when her fluid level is high, like right after an IV. I couldn't stand cooking odors, but I could sometimes eat something if I didn't have to smell it cooking.

lovedbyHim
07-31-2011, 10:40 PM
While I want to be a grandma, I am already worrying about my newly married daughter's pregnancies - so I totally understand your stress. I lost 20 lbs my first trimester with my first baby, and she came out just perfect (early, but perfect). The second pregnancy my 2 year old daughter heard me vomiting through the bathroom door and wanted to come in. My husband said "Let's let Mommy rolf in peace." From that point on every time I threw up she would ask "Mommy, are you rolfing in pieces?"

I hope that the positive trend continues for your daughter and that you are able to let go of some stress. IV's at home sound like a great idea. Dehydration can cause nausea, which just perpetuates the cycle. See if you can get her to eat when her fluid level is high, like right after an IV. I couldn't stand cooking odors, but I could sometimes eat something if I didn't have to smell it cooking.

Oh thank you so much! I am going tomorrow to help her again. She is so weakend by it. I bought a bunch.of foods that are easy to digest. She was able to eat a sweet potato and keep it in yesterday. Tomorrow I will try noodles with broth. After tomorrow, she will have to get out of bed more to tend my granddaughter who is 4, because I need to work. I'm so glad she has the mid wife to reassure her. Depression is setting in now, which is part of the Hyperemesis.

I will tell her your story when I see her tomorrow. She feels guilty for not nourishing the baby. Smells of any kind just send her. Thanks again for your words.

nicolehinkel
08-01-2011, 03:42 PM
I had hyperemesis with a few pregnancies. I feel for your daughter. I went to babies r us and bought preggy pops, they are lollipops designed for the nauseau. Ginger tea is great and lemonade flavored gatorade. I had to have a pic line put in and went through it until I was 6 months, pregnant at that time it was determined my son was growth restricted and then I developed all kinds of other pregnancy issues and he was 37 weeks which they considered full term but was on 3 lbs 15 ounces and had a lot of issues but he is going to be 6 in October and is 67 lbs and due to my new diagnosis and some of his symptoms he will be tested at the 6 year old check up. I also have lyme disease and what I learned about lyme is when I have a flare I need 60 days of doxycylcinelare, although a lot of doctors don't agree, it helps the flare ups

lovedbyHim
08-01-2011, 03:57 PM
I had hyperemesis with a few pregnancies. I feel for your daughter. I went to babies r us and bought preggy pops, they are lollipops designed for the nauseau. Ginger tea is great and lemonade flavored gatorade. I had to have a pic line put in and went through it until I was 6 months, pregnant at that time it was determined my son was growth restricted and then I developed all kinds of other pregnancy issues and he was 37 weeks which they considered full term but was on 3 lbs 15 ounces and had a lot of issues but he is going to be 6 in October and is 67 lbs and due to my new diagnosis and some of his symptoms he will be tested at the 6 year old check up. I also have lyme disease and what I learned about lyme is when I have a flare I need 60 days of doxycylcinelare, although a lot of doctors don't agree, it helps the flare ups.

Nicole thank you so much. Did you have a hightened sense of smell? All kinds of smells make her feel even worse. I will tell her about the lollipops at babiesrus. I am going to get her some carpenter face masks and put peppermint oil on them. Her has is freely painted and its making things worse. Depression has set in. This really worries me. Today she was able to keep some peanut butter sandwiches in and some Gateraid.

I will tell my other daughter with lyme disease about the antibiotic treatment if flair comes. Sheesh you have been through the mill!

nicolehinkel
08-01-2011, 06:53 PM
I don't know if Zofran is safe during pregnancy, however I was given it.

nicolehinkel
08-01-2011, 06:57 PM
I did have a hightened sense of smell. I had a kinda crazy pregnancy. I never heard of the peppermint oil. Wish I had before my hysterectomy, due to my endometriosis I I threw up at least 5 days a week.

lovedbyHim
08-01-2011, 08:22 PM
I did have a hightened sense of smell. I had a kinda crazy pregnancy. I never heard of the peppermint oil. Wish I had before my hysterectomy, due to my endometriosis I I threw up at least 5 days a week.

Hi Nicole, they tried zofran and it did nothing. She is now taking a cocktail of over the counter things plus a suppository for nausea, which was approved by her midwife, and it helps some.

I recently went through a horrible experience with a thickening of endometrium and an enlarged uterus. I am treated with progesterin and wait to see if I get horribly ill again. I had no idea uterus issues could make you vomit. The pain was off the scales as well.

I truly appreciate your thoughts. Thanks so much, Tammy

nicolehinkel
08-01-2011, 08:46 PM
Unfortunately for me I couldn't do the progesterin therapy because it gave me horrible moods swings added to the ones I already get. They did use a shot called Lupron which releaved everything for me, but unfortunately I was told that it wasn't tested to be used as a treatment for more than 6 months then nothing for 2 years then 6 months and I didn't want to take the risk of the unknown so had the surgery. It was explained to me that the extra endometrium lining can build up on most organs and cause issues. Then again I've dealt with problems my whole life medically and never knew why.

lovedbyHim
08-01-2011, 11:05 PM
Unfortunately for me I couldn't do the progesterin therapy because it gave me horrible moods swings added to the ones I already get. They did use a shot called Lupron which releaved everything for me, but unfortunately I was told that it wasn't tested to be used as a treatment for more than 6 months then nothing for 2 years then 6 months and I didn't want to take the risk of the unknown so had the surgery. It was explained to me that the extra endometrium lining can build up on most organs and cause issues. Then again I've dealt with problems my whole life medically and never knew why.

Tomorrow I bump up to the full dose. I am retaining more fluid and then night swets and chills are endless. I am hoping the increase will help, but if I get nasty, I will go back to lower dose. Did you have the ablazion?

giggle
08-01-2011, 11:50 PM
Hey Tammy, I have been away for a bit and am just catching up on the forum.

How is your daughter now?

I dont have much advice... but I do have some personal experience... when I was pregnant I had an enormous tumour which grew at an enormous rate. It took most of the nutrition which wasnt much because there was no room for food and when I did eat, keeping it down was hard. I lost 10kgs and that was with a growing tumour 40cm+ in size. I was very very thin but could use my tummy as a table LOL
Anyway... although I lost a lot of weight... I did survive and so did bub : ) it wasn't easy, it was a rollercoaster ride... but we did make it.
Did your daughter have a fair bit of weight on before hand? I was a moderately heavy girl, had plenty of muscle and fat at 75kgs... dropped down to something like 64kgs... I think having the weight on helped, honestly. I had had previous miscarriages as well.

Sorry Im having trouble gathering my thoughts : ) but my point is that there is hope.

I hope it works out well for your daughter. Lots of love Tammy!

lovedbyHim
08-02-2011, 02:36 AM
Hey Tammy, I have been away for a bit and am just catching up on the forum.

How is your daughter now?

I dont have much advice... but I do have some personal experience... when I was pregnant I had an enormous tumour which grew at an enormous rate. It took most of the nutrition which wasnt much because there was no room for food and when I did eat, keeping it down was hard. I lost 10kgs and that was with a growing tumour 40cm+ in size. I was very very thin but could use my tummy as a table LOL
Anyway... although I lost a lot of weight... I did survive and so did bub : ) it wasn't easy, it was a rollercoaster ride... but we did make it.
Did your daughter have a fair bit of weight on before hand? I was a moderately heavy girl, had plenty of muscle and fat at 75kgs... dropped down to something like 64kgs... I think having the weight on helped, honestly. I had had previous miscarriages as well.

Sorry Im having trouble gathering my thoughts : ) but my point is that there is hope.

I hope it works out well for your daughter. Lots of love Tammy!

My daughter is quite heavy thank God. She is getting very depressed now. I understand this is part of Hyperemesis too. I booted her out of bed yesterday but all she did was cry and vent. Which is good I guess because she is not one to whine or cry. I think she needed to say what was in her head.

I can't imagine a tumor that big and a baby. Sheesh! What a nightmare! Thank you for your words.

giggle
08-02-2011, 05:08 AM
I hope it goes all well : ) I found poweraid good... but I was able to keep some stuff down. Sushi was always awesome. cant imagine not being able to hold anything down at all : (

nicolehinkel
08-02-2011, 08:52 AM
Years ago I had the depo shot but had bad side affects so after 13 years of not being diagnosed with the endometriosus they tried the mirena iud which is full progesterone, that was horrible for me and luckily after about a week it fell out. The lupron shot they gave me did give me all the symptoms I was told of menopause but the pain went away so I was greatful, so being my last pregnancy was horrific and I was told to not have any more children and I couldn't do most treatments they just removed my uterus and cervix laproscopically.

lovedbyHim
08-02-2011, 12:59 PM
Years ago I had the depo shot but had bad side affects so after 13 years of not being diagnosed with the endometriosus they tried the mirena iud which is full progesterone, that was horrible for me and luckily after about a week it fell out. The lupron shot they gave me did give me all the symptoms I was told of menopause but the pain went away so I was greatful, so being my last pregnancy was horrific and I was told to not have any more children and I couldn't do most treatments they just removed my uterus and cervix laproscopically.

Ill bet you were glad when that was finally removed! Sheesh!

panda_lupo
08-02-2011, 01:48 PM
sending my wishes and hugs and kisses !!!!

nicolehinkel
08-02-2011, 03:54 PM
Yes, I was very glad. This whole thing has been a struggle. Now Im just so frustrated because I'm tired of suffering.

lovedbyHim
08-02-2011, 04:11 PM
Yes, I was very glad. This whole thing has been a struggle. Now Im just so frustrated because I'm tired of suffering.

Suffering when endured over a long period of time can truly wear a person down to a breaking point. I just want to encourage you to hold on a little longer, because help is on the way. Your walk has been horrible by the sounds of it, but look what you made it through thus far. I know it's hard to keep going when it lasts so long and stress makes it worse. Please schedule time off from the world to pamper yourself. Every little thing helps.